The Beyond Capital Ventures Summer Investment Fellow role is designed for you to contribute and grow the investment activities and governance of an innovative impact venture capital organization. As our Fellow, you will work directly with the Leadership Team who will help guide your workflow and deliverables. The role will report to the General Partner, Venture Partner, Director of Due Diligence, and Investment Committee.
The Fellow is a crucial role in enabling Beyond Capital’s impact investments into early stage companies. Among other work deliverables, at the discretion of the General Partner, your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing investment deals and maintaining a deal tracking system;
- Managing deals through the investment process and co-leading diligence with experienced investment professionals;
- Interfacing with co-investors on prospective deals and current investments;
- Assessing markets of our investment focus and preparing research reports and presentations;
- Interfacing with portfolio company management teams in order to understand, analyze and report on their social and financial performance;
- Assisting with portfolio company special projects and ongoing mentoring;
- Maintaining company reporting database and analyzing metrics with General Partner;
- Drafting internal presentations to our Investment Committee;
- Taking notes on all investment-related calls;
- Contributing to improve processes, reduce risks, increase controls.
This is a 3-month full time summer role, remote, paid with a stipend, with potential to spend time on-the-ground in India/ East Africa (depending on Covid-19 safety).
Option to extend fellowship, as well as being before the summer.
- Hands-on, practical training in impact investing;
- Opportunity to work one-on-one with the Leadership Team, Investment Committee, and Board of Directors;
- Connection to a network of Alumni and volunteer members from top universities across the globe;
With exceptional performance, personal referral and reference from the General Partner and Director of Due Diligence for positions in the highly competitive impact-investing field and/or graduate school programs.