Type: Limited Term (Fixed Term)
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Pacific Coast Food Waste Commitment Manager. The position will be based on the West Coast of the US, preferably in Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, or Los Angeles. The PCFWC Support Manager leads work efforts within the Pacific Coast Food Waste Commitment (PCFWC), which links together grocery retail, food service and hospitality industries to set science based and data driven goals to prevent food waste and increase food recovery efforts across Washington, Oregon and California.
The Pacific Coast Food Waste Commitment (PCFWC) is one of the largest public-private sector partnerships in the world featuring some of the nation's largest food businesses alongside local, state, and provincial governments – all working collaboratively toward a shared ambition of effective, industry-wide actions that prevent and measure reduction of wasted food along the West Coast. The PCFWC is a voluntary agreement that builds upon existing food waste reduction platforms and commitments – including United Nations' Sustainable Development Goal 12.3 and Champions 2030 – and provides a critical opportunity for the Pacific Coast region to lead the country in addressing the environmental, food security, and climate change crisis of food waste.
The Manager for the PCFWC will work directly with the current Food Waste Program Director and Program Manager and will oversee the PCFCW domestic partnership efforts within the food retailing and food service industry. This position will lead public/private sector working groups between business signatories to the PCFWC and will be the lead relationship manager between the jurisdiction leads and the business signatories. This position will also co-lead the management of additional business signatory recruitment, bringing in new business signatories to the PCFWC including within food service and hospitality sectors more broadly.
Lead programmatic work streams for the Pacific Coast Food Waste Commitment (PCFWC) including the following:
- Lead regular one-on-one update meetings between business signatories to the PCFWC and serve as the business signatory relationship manager.
- Manage membership of the PCFWC working groups and develop compelling agendas for regular monthly and quarterly meetings (primarily virtual meetings).
- Manage working group meetings and energetically facilitate the development of working group decisions/actions to ensure consensus is achieved and accountability for tasks is assigned.
- Manage technical assistance projects and manage a budget of approximately $200,000 for grants and consultancies.
- Analyze data from multiple sources including food costs, sales data (POS), waste disposal composting, anaerobic digestion, and weights & measures from food waste pilot programs.
- Create compelling presentations and synthesized results for PCFWC stakeholders.
- Aide ReFED with food waste data collection in collaboration with business signatories.
- Other duties assigned by manager.