We are seeking an in-semester data analytics intern to partner with investment team stakeholders and the Director of Impact to implement data management best practices across each investment vertical at Closed Loop Partners, starting with the private credit / project finance vertical. This candidate will help to 1) ensure the integrity of Closed Loop Partners’ impact data, 2) improve the quality of our data measurement and management processes, and 3) deliver actionable, data-driven intelligence to internal stakeholders. This candidate’s work will directly enhance the network of impact data that feeds into Closed Loop Partners’ annual impact report (see our 2020 Impact Report here).
The candidate will be expected to:
- Enthusiastically engage with stakeholders from each investment vertical, starting with private credit / project finance, to learn our current practices for impact data measurement and management
- Systematically, spreadsheet-by-spreadsheet, identify areas for improvement for both historical and future data capture
- Recommend consistent, formula-driven, sustainable improvements that will enable investment teams to meaningfully leverage the data going forward
- Integrate recommendations into each team’s impact data network
- Conduct data analysis (including visualizing, interpreting, and synthesizing the data) to yield valuable conclusions for the individual investment teams
- Proactively identify additional use-cases to maximize the value of our impact data (e.g. in the investment origination process)
- Create new impact reporting templates for newly launched funds
The candidate will also have the opportunity to:
- Research the latest industry standards for impact assessment
- Introduce and integrate new impact measurement frameworks into each investment vertical’s portfolio management process
- Evaluate investment teams’ non-impact data sets to identify opportunities to enhance our data collection and analysis processes
- Collaborate with investment teams to integrate data analysis into the investment diligence process
- Liaise with portfolio company stakeholders to simplify their data reporting processes
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.