To apply for this position, you must be eligible to work in the European Union and living or willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Since its launch in 2017, Fashion for Good has established itself as the global go-to platform for sustainable fashion innovation. We are expanding our investment activities with the new investment vehicle Fashion for Good Ventures I, for which we seek an Investment Director who will be in charge of sourcing, evaluating and executing textile tech investment opportunities. The target fund size is up to €40 million and the focus will be on Europe and North America.
The Investment Director will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and executing investment transactions that will have an impact at scale in the global apparel and footwear supply chain. Furthermore, they will lead fundraising and marketing activities to attract additional investors for the fund, will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with (potential) investors and investees, and will monitor the performance of the fund. They will work with the management teams of portfolio companies.
They will have a leading role in the Fashion for Good Ventures I investment team.
In particular, the Investment Director is responsible for the following areas:
Team leadership and management Fashion for Good Ventures I
- Lead the investment team and activities.
- Develop annual timeline and milestones, report to the Investment Committee and Limited Partners Advisory Board (or similar), and prepare investment memoranda, reports and other written materials.
- Lead other projects and tasks within the scope of the fund manager.
Business development activities
- Drive further fundraising and marketing activities to grow the fund to its target size.
- Develop and maintain relationships with (potential) investors.
Sourcing, evaluating and executing investment opportunities
- Lead sourcing activities and perform in-depth due diligence (together with the investment analyst/associate and technical experts) on innovators that are potentially interesting investments.
- Develop and maintain a strong network with investors, investees and other key stakeholders that are involved in making fashion sustainable.
- Conduct company and market research and maintain the deal pipeline.
Portfolio management and reporting
- Monitor the performance of the investments and compare performance to relevant benchmarks.
- Work directly with management teams of portfolio companies to support and scale their ventures, including board positions where appropriate.