Team and role overview
This role is part of the MD and Head of Asia’s team.
- To play an important role supporting the Head of Asia in the development of CDC’s activities as we build out further in South Asia and enter into Indo-Pacific region Link
- To help find synergies across the South Asian offices spread across the region, between regions (South-South) and with London HQ
- To proactively support the Regional Head in various tasks including HR-related matters
- To play a hands-on role requiring extensive planning, coordination and direction of strategic, financial, and operational activities for the South Asia offices
- Be point person for Asia related FCDO, UK and local government related requests working closely with Head of Asia, Global Affairs, Corporate Strategy team and relevant stakeholders.
- Success in this role will depend on quick response to assigned tasks by the Regional Head, tenacity to go through multiple iterations, meeting deadlines, building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the CDC Group in the South Asia offices and Africa offices, as well as with London at multiple levels
- CDC has hierarchical 7 levels, PA/coordinator, Associate, Executive, Manager, Director and Managing Director. This role will be hired at associate level.
- For the right person, this could lead to a career path in the London HQ or in one to the India based Investment or Impact teams, based on background, interests aptitude and openings available at that time period. However, it is expected that the selected person will work in this role for at least 3 – 4 years before making the shift.
- Provide day to day leadership and direction for strategy implementation (strategy 2022-26), change management initiatives, budgeting and financial planning, project management, and programme development on behalf of the MD & Head – Asia
- Person needs to be competent prioritising the tasks and find time with Regional Head to give regular updates,
- Lead weekly and other regional discussions – agenda-setting and follow-ups. Should be at ease to reach out to various team members to get desired inputs for the tasks assigned.
- Lead local implementation in South Asia of cross-office initiatives for improved organisational performance – illustrative examples include the rollout and implementation of the new regional operating structures and the embedding of CDC’s cultural values
- Be the key liaison with London HR/Corporate Strategy team and London based Department Business Managers for all hiring in the region
- Develop and deliver content for executive presentations. internally, as well as presentation material and speeches to external stakeholders including DFID, UK Government representatives, media, conferences etc. When asked by the MD, the person should be competent to make the presentation on his/her own
- With a dotted line to the Group strategy team and in coordination with the sector and product teams in London, support the sector and product investment teams in developing regional investment strategies – providing the macro-economic view of opportunities in the South Asia region
- Help manage office movements and new location openings across Indo-Pacific attending project meetings with London project team. Work on change management (of CDC name) where necessary
- Involvement in accounts, technology and compliances as needed
- Key person to represent South Asia in operational international committee meetings
- Actively participate in and/or lead various forums/meetings both internal and external; prepare presentations and report back to the various stakeholders
- Provide effective counsel on complex organizational matters, as well as projects when asked for. Assist the leader in effective decision-making. Have key data like investment exposure/NAV etc readily available.
- Coordinate and network extensively with internal stakeholders and support functions; be the single point of contact for driving coordination efforts between the South Asia regional offices and London office. Some of the key central stakeholders to build relationships with will include Human Resources, Corporate Strategy, Global Affairs, the Office of the CEO, CIO (Catalyst Team) and the COO
- This is not an investment role and it will not have any direct links to companies or portfolio management.
Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.