Blue Earth Capital is the global impact investing firm backed by Partners Group. The purpose of Blue Earth Capital is to harness the efficiency of private markets and entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty and address pressing social and environmental challenges.
Blue Earth Capital follows an integrated investment strategy aimed at generating both impact and market rate financial returns. Its funds invest across all impact sectors and geographies. The funds invest via direct investments (debt and equity) and other funds/mandates.
We are seeking an experienced Private Equity Investment Leader with a special focus on circular economy, sustainable agriculture & agtech, forestry, energy transition, land restoration. In this position you will lead all aspects of transactions for Blue Earth Capital, including origination, execution, structuring, negotiation and ongoing management of fund investments and private equity co-investments. Other responsibilities include conducting research projects and producing marketing material, when necessary. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of Blue Earth Capital's integrated equity platform (i.e. private equity funds & co-investments) including sourcing and executing fund and co-investment private equity deal flow globally with a focus on climate impact globally and developed markets impact investing (including relative value assessment and fund selection).
- Leading quantitative and qualitative analysis on prospective private equity direct and indirect investments, including financial modeling, management interviews, industry research, commercial /operational analysis, investment structuring and legal negotiations
- Working with a deal team to develop investment structure and produce investment recommendations, supervising junior and external resources in this process
- Working with internal and external counterparties including on the negotiation of relevant legal agreements (LPA, Side Letters, SPA, SHA, MIP etc.) and investment structures
- Being Blue Earth Capital's interface with investee management including board representation
- Conduct various tasks related to product reporting, monitoring investments, market research, internal requests, and marketing with current and potential investors
- Coach team members
- Various ad hoc projects and administration as necessary
- Monitoring and supporting portfolio investments throughout our investment period
- Conducting various other tasks related to product reporting, market research, marketing efforts and special projects
What we offer
- Opportunity to play a major role in building out the private equity platform of a growing impact investing organization with the aim to reach an industry-leading position
- Fostering work environment with a passionate and talented international team in a fast-growing, ambitious company
- Highly professional, intellectually demanding and stimulating work environment
- Flat organization structure with significant exposure to senior leaders and decision makers, both internally and externally
- Attractive career path with a potential for long-term advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits with performance-related compensation model
- Access to Partners Group's global network, investment know-how and specialist resources