The Investment Officer supports small business owners and entrepreneurs to achieve their financial goals of successful business ownership through outreach, loan-readiness assessment, assisting in the loan application process, and underwriting loans.
The Investment Officer is responsible to process and underwrite loan applications, provide technical assistance to CEDS Finance clients, and support the loan department in all manners. Processing and underwriting applications includes tracking applicants; reviewing intake forms, performing loan intakes, analyzing business plans and supporting documents; as well as conducting the financial underwriting.
Other Job Duties:
LOAN ORIGINATION AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Support the development of the applicant pipeline and achievement of organization’s deployment goals through individual outreach, event attendance, panel participation, etc.
- Foster and manage referral relationships with external organizations including local government, private lenders, non-profits and other referral sources
- Onboard potential applicants though the intake process
- Discuss applicant’s business and financing needs, describe lending requirements, and assess loan readiness
- Collaborate with Business Consulting staff to provide loan readiness support to applicants based on needs
- Assemble and organize loan applications according to requirements ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Update pipeline management system with applicant data and progress through life of application
- Verify completed loan applications and supporting documentation for accuracy and thoroughness
- Determine applicant eligibility for individual programs and loan products
- Evaluate and underwrite completed applications in terms of business viability, credit history, collateral, owner’s contribution, and character
- Perform due diligence research including reference checks, site visits, credit checks, collateral evaluation, OFAC checks, etc.
- Present analysis and funding recommendations for approval. Document and communicate decisions to clients
- Collaborate with Business Consultant staff to assess client needs and develop recommendations including action plans, internal TA resources, and referral opportunities
- Partner with portfolio management at closing to ensure smooth transition to loan servicing relationships
- Provide guidance and/or training, either in groups or one-to-one sessions, to potential borrowers on issues related to small business management, such as business startup, marketing, bookkeeping, financial strategy and/or cash flow management
REPORT PREPARATION & SUBMISSION
- Prepare and submit required reports to funders and Executive Director
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor and Executive Director
Hiring Range: $54,266 - $65,119