The Director of RealmSpark and Investor Engagement is responsible for assisting the Managing Director of RealmSpark with all venture transactions and activities, including managing the InvestU Angel Investor Network.
InvestU supports our entrepreneurial ecosystem by bringing together innovative startups from within the Arizona State University and Thunderbird School of Global Management ecosystem with affiliated investors. By connecting affiliated startup companies with alumni and community network expertise, we hope to foster collaboration and further success of ASU and Arizona’s venture ecosystem. RealmSpark is the venture arm that engages in venture investment, largely in EdTech opportunities, in support of the mission of the University.
This position reports to the Managing Director of RealmSpark and must be able to routinely interact with individuals at all levels of ASU Enterprise Partners, the University, and external venture partners.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate with various stakeholders from Enterprise Partners, Thunderbird, ASU, Skysong Innovations, Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development, and the ASU Alumni Association in operating the program
- Grow, engage with and manage a pipeline of ASU-affiliated companies that are looking for early-stage funding
- Work with ASU and Thunderbird faculty and students to execute company diligence and research
- Coordinate quarterly investment meetings and educational sessions for in-person and virtual attendance
- Engage current and potential investors to grow the network’s membership
- Communicate program events, success, and needs through newsletters, articles, and social media
- Support overall venture ecosystem within ASU
- Strong collaboration with stakeholders and leaders in Arizona and strategic global venture communities
- Manage governing bodies and advisory boards to ensure a systematic process and robust governance
- Occasional travel to build out spheres of influence in other areas
- Run technology platform to facilitate onboarding of companies and investment by angels
- Support other RealmSpark initiatives including the EdTech Accelerator, Corporate Development, ASU Foundation donor relations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned