About the Job
Membership and the Investors’ Council are two GIIN initiatives managed by the Member Engagement team. Together, the full GIIN membership comprises 390 organizations across 50 countries, representing asset owners, asset managers, and service providers.
The Investors’ Council (IC) is an invitation-only leadership group for active, large-scale impact investors. It provides a forum for experienced impact investors to strengthen the practice of impact investing, collaborate to address shared challenges, accelerate learning about new areas in the field, and contribute to industry development. There are currently 60 IC members, including foundations, development finance institutions, banks, family offices, pension funds, and asset managers. Investors’ Council members have access to exclusive activities focused on advanced practice and industry-building topics (e.g., deal and fund structuring), and can also participate in Network Membership activities.
Membership provides a range of offerings to a diverse member base spanning new impact investors to seasoned players. Programming is designed to facilitate networking, information exchange, and field-building opportunities. Membership activities include regional gatherings, webinars, working groups, facilitated introductions, and enhanced access to other GIIN services such as direct support on IRIS+ implementation and enhanced data access from GIIN Research. Current focus areas of membership activities include blended finance, gender lens investing, listed equities, and EU regulation.
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire an IC Senior Associate/Associate to play a key role in relationship management of IC members and in managing select programming for the Investors’ Council and for the full membership. The ideal candidate for the role will have demonstrated experience in managing relationships, project management, and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Working with a manager, the IC Senior Associate/Associate will oversee the full range of programmatic activities for the Investors’ Council and select activities for the full membership and participate in recruitment of new IC members. This position reports to the IC Manager.
Membership programming and working groups:
- Working with the IC Manager, support the planning, design and delivery of the Investors’ Council Leadership Initiative
- Support design and delivery of new and existing offerings for the Investors’ Council and thematic communities within the GIIN membership (e.g., GIIN Knowledge Hubs), including but not limited to webinars, in-person events, and written products
Relationship and membership management:
- Manage and cultivate relationships with existing Investors’ Council members as well as participants in select programming tracks and working groups; coordinate member engagement across the GIIN programs
- Support in the recruitment and onboarding of new Investors’ Council members
- Work in collaboration with the Finance team on the renewal of IC membership accounts, including the preparation and dissemination of invoices and the tracking of membership dues payments
Event management and operations: Manage and execute all operational and logistical elements of in-person and virtual events for the Investors’ Council and select programming tracks (e.g., GIIN Knowledge Hubs). This includes:
- Designing event invitations and registration pages
- Managing event logistics, relationships with vendors, work plans, and budgets
- Producing materials for in-person and virtual convenings, such as attendee lists, sign-up sheets, nametags, and participant packets
- Leading post-event close-down, including drafting member event feedback surveys, compiling and analyzing feedback, reconciling attendance reports
- Providing operational and logistical support for other large-scale membership events as needed
Marketing and communications:
- Maintain and update internal and external informational/marketing materials related to the Investors’ Council and other relevant workstreams
- Maintain and keep up to date the Investors’ Council page on the GIIN website
- Design and maintain communication templates for member correspondence via Mailchimp
Data management and knowledge-sharing:
- Create and maintain workplans for all relevant workstreams in Asana
- Track and update member information and engagement in Salesforce and in other formats as needed
- Generate reports to share progress on membership activities or disseminate information on organizations within membership network
Additional responsibilities as needed
LOCATION: This position will be based in our New York City office with significant remote work flexibility offered through the GIIN’s hybrid in-person/remote work model.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation. Salary range is $54,000-$66,000. Compensation, job title and job level commensurate with experience.
The IC Senior Associate/Associate must have demonstrated relationship management and strong project management skills. The Senior Associate/Associate must also be highly responsible, collaborative, professional, resourceful, and flexible. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver who takes initiative to consistently perform to high standards. Familiarity with financial instruments and investment concepts is highly valued, but not required.
Experience and Competencies:
- Understanding of the impact investing sector; specific knowledge of DEI investing, blended finance, regulation, or climate finance is a benefit though not required
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a range of stakeholder types
- Experience in designing content sessions for events and/or conferences
- Strong attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive internal communicator who identifies problems, communicates about them, and takes initiative to solve them
- Team orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce and comfort in general with technology solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as the Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience showing ability to manage projects and key relationships
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred (e.g., Business, Economics, Finance, International Development, Policy)
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 23, 2021.
State “IC Senior Associate/Associate First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we strongly encourage early applications.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, 12 years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has global network of over 40,000 on six continents, with a formal membership of nearly 400 members in 50 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit https://thegiin.org.