About the Job
We are seeking an Associate to work in our US team, supporting investments and value and impact creation within our portfolio.
Priorities for the role:
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities across investment management and investor reporting:
- Assisting a fast-paced private equity team by monitoring and reporting on all aspects of the U.S. Sustainable Growth Fund’s portfolio, including financial performance and impact performance indicators of the existing portfolio companies
- Conducting research on new investment opportunities by gathering and preparing financial analysis, industry analysis and the coordination of due diligence on add-on acquisition opportunities including the preparation of internal investment memorandums.
- Assisting with the assessment, monitoring and reporting of portfolio investments including the preparation of quarterly reports and all aspects of coordinating investor presentations.
- Reporting returns and capital positions of the fund’s investors.
- Working closely and collaboratively with senior, experienced deal leads, portfolio company executives, and all levels of the internal and external support teams to assist in the preparation of accounting, legal, tax, banking, public relations and investor relation operations and reporting requirements of the firm.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced, organized, self-starter with a desire to learn the aspects of private equity investing and portfolio management in a small, fast-paced environment.
- They will have a keen interest in sustainable and impact investing and a desire to drive profit with purpose
- Experienced, organized self-starter who is able to take ownership of tasks and work independently.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment along with the ability to get up to speed quickly, be solutions focused and to work in a small team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to engage confidently with multiple stakeholders, including management teams, a range of advisors and funding providers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Suitable candidates will have:
- A minimum of 4 years related work experience in one of private equity, lending, investment banking, due diligence consulting or other related fields
- Strong accounting and financial statement understanding with direct experience in analytical assessment
- Proven skills in the organization of complex financial information, financial component analytics, industry research and analytical writing.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to balance multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on and pro-active approach to problem solving and a desire to participate in the value creation efforts of the team
- Four-year college degree (or equivalent) with strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word and CRM software skills and experience
Bridges is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in promoting a strong firm culture and excellence in decision-making, and we are seeking to recruit a diverse pool of candidates.
We would be delighted to have applications from candidates who want to work part time – we envisage it to be a minimum of 60% full time equivalent.
Start date – The appointment will ideally be made as soon as possible
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Bridges Fund Management
Bridges Fund Management (“Bridges”) is a global private equity fund manager, investing across multiple strategies with a focus on the socially impactful themes of healthy living, future skills, sustainable planet and stronger communities.
The Bridges U.S. Sustainable Growth Fund is one of these investment strategies. It is a lower middle-market private equity fund, providing aligned capital, sector expertise and strategic operational support to management teams within established and growing companies headquartered in the U.S.