About the Job
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking to fill an analyst position on its Investments team to support portfolio management and credit analysis on our global portfolio. The role requires someone with strong financial analysis and Excel modeling skills, effective communications skills, a desire to understand organizations and financing structures spanning a wide variety of impact sectors and geographies, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and be strongly committed to the mission of Calvert Impact Capital. This position will report to a Director on the Investments team but will work closely with all members of the team. This is a terrific opportunity for someone earlier in their career interested in investing for positive social and environmental impact.
- Review and analyze quarterly and annual borrower financial and other reporting, including updating financial and impact spreads, confirming covenant compliance and reporting on progress, trends and/or challenges;
- Collaborating with Investment Officers on investment modifications and covenant waivers
- Support Investment team members with collection of annual and quarterly due diligence materials from borrowers including financial and impact data;
- Collaborate with Investment Officers on investment analysis and due diligence of new debt and equity investments
- Help administer investment committee scheduling and minutes
- Support Loan Administration on loan closings and servicing as needed;
- Be a positive contributor to our high-performing, mission-driven culture;
- Engage with colleagues on the team and across the organization on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Has the ability to construct basic financial models in Excel;
- Is systems and process minded and is familiar with relational databases (e.g., Salesforce, Airtable, and Power BI);
- Has the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently;
- Has strong written and oral communication skills;
- Thrives at multi-tasking and skilled at prioritizing competing demands;
- Has a keen intellect combined with a good sense of humor and solid personal integrity;
- Has a positive, forward-looking approach directed to overcoming obstacles and a “can-do” attitude to implement solutions;
- Has an undergraduate degree, with relevant coursework in accounting or finance;
- Is fluent in English and has high-level proficiency in a second language (French or Spanish preferred).
Calvert Impact Capital
Calvert Impact Capital invests to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Through our products and services, we raise capital from individual and institutional investors to finance intermediaries and funds that are investing in communities around the world for a financial return and an intentional, measurable, social, and environmental return. During our 25-year history, we have mobilized $2 billion of investor capital from more than 16,000 investors while maintaining a 100% repayment record of principle and interest to all investors. Calvert Impact Capital also offers loan syndication services, where we originate, structure and administer loans for institutional and qualified lenders seeking high impact private debt opportunities. Since the launch in 2017, we have syndicated more than $210 million of capital across 13 transactions.