About the Job
Emergent is expanding, and looking for several new team members to join at analyst/associate level. Roles are likely to involve a blend of tasks across four of Emergent’s teams: Demand, building a pipeline of corporate demand for high-integrity credits; Supply, securing the right to sell these credits from tropical forest governments around the world; Transactions, matching buyers and sellers in order to execute credit contracts and transactions; and Fund Management & Reporting, ensuring funds from credit sales are deployed to pre-agreed forest protection programmes. We’re looking for exceptional people, able to exercise a high degree of autonomy and take on significant responsibility, identifying problems and recommending and implementing solutions. In return, we offer the chance to be part of an extraordinary, high-impact endeavour, intended to slow and halt tropical deforestation permanently.
Requirements of the Role
- 2-5 years of professional experience in management consulting, social impact organizations, start-ups or finance; and/or demonstrated experience supporting project management, operations, or implementation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Essential experience and attributes:
- Ability to operate remotely. Emergent is a largely virtual team, although we aim to build the team out in 2-3 hubs as the COVID-19 pandemic passes
- Razor-sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced analytical and numerical competency
- Passion for the mission of Emergent
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work within a small team start-up environment
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and often virtual team environment
- Ability to deliver consistently high levels of accuracy, efficiency and follow-through
- Adept at making assessments quickly and identifying the best course of action.
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Some experience of carbon markets, development funders, and international climate policy would be an advantage.
Applicants must have work authorization in the US, UK, or Spain.
Please include your cover letter and resume here as a single PDF document when applying: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Emergent1/743999786009098-analyst-associate
Emergent Forest Finance
Emergent is a non-profit organization with the sole mission of accelerating the speed and scale of tropical forest conservation to combat the climate crisis. With an international team of world-class climate experts and a board with deep private and public sector experience, Emergent is supported by a coalition including the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Norwegian government’s International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). Emergent, serves as the platform to facilitate transactions and as the administrative coordinator of the Lowering Emissions by Accelerating Forest Finance (LEAF) Coalition, which uses the independent and rigorous ART-TREES standard to verify emissions reductions from deforestation. LEAF is an initiative with initial participation from the governments of Norway, the United Kingdom, the United States, and leading companies including Amazon, Airbnb, Bayer, Boston Consulting Group, GSK, McKinsey, Nestlé, Salesforce, and Unilever. Participants in the Coalition will support high-quality emissions reductions from tropical and subtropical forest countries, enabling efforts to reduce and end deforestation.