About the Job
Role based in New York, NY or San Francisco Bay Area, CA or London, UK
CREO is seeking an inquisitive and diligent individual to manage CREO’s programs and services for the energy sector. Coverage includes developing energy-specific programming for members, publishing investor-oriented research primers and analyst notes, and partnering with the deal team for sector-specific deal review and investment facilitation. The scope covers all geographies (Americas, EMEA, APAC) and multiple asset classes, including direct investments in venture, private equity, infrastructure, real assets, and SPVs; listed equities; and emerging fund managers active in both private and public markets.
This unique role will work closely with most members of the CREO team, including CREO’s research and deal teams. The Sector Manager, Energy will report to the Global Head of Research.
Year One Objectives
- Deliver insights to members on catalytic, leading edge, and mainstream investment energy technology and energy systems through written research via analyst notes, landscape exercises, occasional blog entries and personal briefings with members. Support insights by analyzing quantitative data, following market trends, tracking deals, and personally engaging with experts;
- Develop 3-5 in-person and online programs including sector updates, topical briefings, and deal discussions to keep members current on the energy sector. Use programs to enhance peer-to-peer learning and foster a collaborative community of practice within the membership;
- Cultivate a broad network of experts and investors from which to draw information, data, and experience for integration into program and research. Act as an ambassador for CREO at relevant meetings and events;
- Develop a reputation within the CREO network as a resource who members proactively seek for education and insight on energy technology and systems.
- Collaborate with the deal team to review high-quality investment ideas illustrative of trends around climate investment.
- Between 3-6 years of work experience incorporating investment research, due diligence, trend analysis, program development, and/or strategic consulting in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or financial management;
- Demonstration of the ability to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion;
- Fluency in English; fluency in additional languages desirable;
- Knowledge of energy systems as deployed for electricity and industry;
- Experience with climate and/or sustainability investing strategies preferred.
Interested candidates may send a note expressing interest along with a resume to email@example.com.
CREO is a NYC-headquartered 501(c)3 public charity with a mission to galvanize capital for climate and sustainability solutions and the decarbonization of industries. With a focus on capital markets, CREO works towards the goal of transforming the economy into a sustainable system that supports a decarbonized future for all.