About the Job
Our Account Executive will work in a truly collaborative environment with a close-knit team committed to maintaining a supportive work culture where each member of the team has the opportunity to contribute meaningfully and to be recognized and rewarded for their efforts.
- Financial services sector public relations experience strongly preferred.
- Sustainable investing experience is not required, but a sincere desire to help effect meaningful social and environmental change through sophisticated work as a public relations professional is desired.
- Reports to Managing Director
- 100% remote work environment
Primary responsibilities will include strategic communications, media relations and content development, as follows:
- Research latest news and influencers pertinent to clients’ communications programs (covering sustainable finance, impact investing, ESG, private equity, project finance, hedge funds, wealth management, DEI, women in the workplace, etc.)
- Continuously mine the media for speaking and podcast opportunities and updating events/panels database for clients
- Pitch client news and media briefings
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with the press on behalf of our firm and clients
- Assist with managing clients’ social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Instagram including drafting and uploading content
- Author blogs/bylines/press announcements/pitches for clients
- Update and maintain client media/podcast target lists
- Assist in new business development opportunities; demonstrate good judgment and a sense of which opportunities are appropriate for the Confluence Partners’ brand.
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist in special projects and with general administrative activities as necessary
- Assist with development of integrated strategic communications plans for clients including media relations, content creation, message development, digital and social media, and event support
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- 2-4 years experience at a PR agency or in-house in Corporate Communications
- Demonstrated media relations ability, including strong pitching abilities and clear understanding of how to work with journalists
- Deep familiarity with social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram in order to effectively manage these platforms for client content development and expert commentary
- Action oriented – attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye towards achieving results and meeting deadlines
- Close attention to detail
- Team oriented as well as able to work independently, with initiative, creativity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to thrive in a work remotely office culture
- Ability to advise and interact effectively with senior leaders and diverse international stakeholders
- Ideal candidate will be based in New York metro region and able to attend in-person team and client meetings from time to time.
- Excited to become part of a highly regarded, quickly growing and well-established boutique firm in the fast-growing sustainability space
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and media monitoring tools including Google/Cision, etc.
Qualified candidates should send CVs with a cover letter to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For nearly a decade, Confluence Partners, a communications strategy firm, has been working at the nexus of finance, impact and philanthropy. We are specialists in telling the stories that define sustainable investing and finance. We work alongside changemakers from across the capital stack that are shaping the contours of impact investing, helping them define their brands, build adherents and reorient the conversation. We have distinguished ourselves for our ability to help clients with differentiated solutions rise above the noise in a confusing and crowded marketplace.
Clients range from well-established market leaders to start-ups including asset managers, advisors, wealth managers, private equity, hedge fund and venture capital firms, non-profit organizations and a number of sustainability-focused companies.
Our team of senior practitioners brings perspectives informed by our previous careers in law, finance, journalism, business and politics. As a result, we provide our clients with advice that goes beyond communications and ties directly to their corporate strategy and operations. We enjoy what we do and enjoy our collaboration with one another and with our clients.
Confluence Partners is a women and LGBTQ-owned and led firm and we value merit, qualifications and abilities. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion — this is reﬂected in our approaches to hiring, the organizations we choose to work with, and the issues we are passionate about as a team.
We are committed to creating a fun, fulfilling and inclusive work environment. Come join us!