About the Job
The Head of People Operations challenges us to constantly improve the value we provide to our team, ensure we are executing our people programs with excellence, and live to our values.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- People Strategy: Serve as a core business partner to Rippleworks CEO and leadership team; diagnose people needs and collaborate with others to implement solutions
- Talent Acquisition: Be accountable for our recruiting and hiring process and oversee its success
- Onboarding: Assume overall responsibility for our onboarding process for new employees to ensure an exceptional first day/week/month experience
- Employee Relations: Establish a safe place for employees; provide career counseling when needed, listen to and address feedback and concerns in a highly professional and confidential manner
- Learning & Growth: Manage and improve our career framework, talent reviews, promotion process, feedback process; support leadership development by coaching people managers; deliver learning & growth programs with exceptional value
- Culture: Ensure we are living to our values and building a great culture; shape our people practices and policies to drive our aspirational culture; lead our culture survey implementation and action planning; ensure we have a healthy and engaging flexible, hybrid remote work environment
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Serve as a key sponsor for our DEI vision; be accountable for people-related DEI goals and programs
- Total Rewards: Have overall ownership for our total rewards program; manage our equitable and transparent salary structure; conduct salary reviews and annual market benchmarking
- Organizational Design: Ensure we have an optimal organizational structure that helps us achieve our mission and strategic goals
- Operational Excellence: Work closely with team leads to codify how we work and make decisions
- Compliance: Maintain current knowledge of HR practices and regulations to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws
- Social Impact: You are deeply passionate about social impact and eager to work in a sector that helps improve people’s lives.
- Expertise in the People Function: You have a solid knowledge across all HR practices and in-depth expertise in at least a couple of them (e.g., talent development, total rewards, employee experience management, people operations). You are experienced at designing and implementing lightweight yet highly effective learning and growth programs and other core people practices (e.g., hiring, employee engagement) in pursuit of honoring an organization’s values and culture.
- Collaboration: You are an exceptional teammate, with a no-task-is-too-small mentality in helping teams reach their goals. You build trusting partnerships in a cross-team environment to meet shared objectives.
- Managing Diverse Relationships: You embrace and relate well to a wide variety of personalities, communication/thinking styles, cultures, backgrounds, and other qualities. You value differences and quickly find common ground, treating everyone fairly and equitably.
- Professionalism and Integrity: You have unquestionable personal integrity and maintain a high level of professionalism and credibility throughout all of your communications and actions. People trust you to safeguard and keep confidential all sensitive information.
- Conflict Management: You manage and resolve conflicts, grievances, confrontations, or disagreements in a constructive manner to minimize negative personal impact. You are adept at handling difficult conversations, converting emotions/reactions into productive responses. You apply objective, empathetic listening skills and ask open-ended questions to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Culture Ambassador: You appreciate and role model our values (Impact, People, Experimentation, Learning, and Fun). You care deeply about diversity, equity, and inclusion and this guides your own behaviors as well as the strategies and programs that you develop and support.
- Agile Learning: You are open to feedback and learn actively through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as growth opportunities.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven track record of leading a people function in a progressive, intimate/small team environment
- Experience developing, leading, and communicating people processes and programs with a high-level of care and that results in a positive impact on the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of direct reports effectively as well as coach other managers on exceptional people management skills
- Track record of impeccable judgment with the ability to engage and support others in a reliable and consistent way that fosters trust; knowledge of how to safeguard confidential and sensitive information
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Apply directly through this link: https://apply.workable.com/rippleworks/j/5024B38CD8/
Who We Are
Rippleworks Foundation provides high-growth social ventures the practical support they need to improve more lives. Rippleworks’ programs directly support 200+ of the fastest growing, most impactful social ventures around the world, empowering entrepreneurial teams that are improving the lives of 216+ million people across 59 countries.
Rippleworks Projects: Rippleworks leads short-term, high-impact projects where social ventures tackle their top operational challenges by working alongside senior leaders with deeply relevant experience that come from some of the top companies globally.
Rippleworks Leaders Studio: Rippleworks designs and delivers expert-led learning programs designed specifically for social venture leaders. Rippleworks partners with leading industry executives to run interactive, results-driven learning programs where social venture leaders gain the critical skills they need to deliver impact at scale.
Rippleworks Capital: Rippleworks provides hard-to-find capital required for scale (grants and investments in the $1M-$3M range), and has distributed $40M+ to scaling social ventures since 2018.
We are a 25+ person team on a mission to help impactful ventures thrive. We strive to create the best possible workplace for purpose-driven professionals to make an outsized difference in the world: learning, growing, and having fun together along the way.
Rippleworks has been named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies (by Fast Company) and one of the world’s Best Workplaces for Innovators (by Fast Company and Accenture).
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion at Rippleworks. Candidates from underrepresented minority groups (Black, Latinx, Native American or individuals with national origins from developing countries that reflect the communities we serve) are strongly encouraged to apply. Rippleworks also complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email email@example.com.