About the Job
We are currently working with a long standing and fast-growing investment management group in their search for an ESG Research Analyst to join their Quant Solutions team. This individual will be responsible for supporting the management of equity and fixed income passive and systematic strategies as well as contribute to new product development, including customized responsible investment solutions.
Managing and developing indexes and related investment products:
- Support the reconstitution and rebalance processes for equity and fixed income index strategies and related investment products using financial tools (Factset and Bloomberg).
- Establish frameworks to develop investable universes focusing on material financial data and ESG data.
- Conduct portfolio analytics and attribution on current indexes and related investment products using financial tools (Factset and Bloomberg).
- Maintain optimization and monitoring of separately managed accounts.
- Support new product development through running backtests as well as performance attribution with financial tools (Factset and Bloomberg).
ESG data management and quantitative investment research:
- Develop research frameworks to evaluate ESG performance of companies and securities utilizing a variety of statistical, mathematical, and analytical tools.
- Support the enhancement of the Research System by performing quality tests and analytics of ESG data and financial data using statistical and econometric packages and a variety of statistical, mathematical, and analytical tools.
- Develop models from complex large databases and effectively use statistical and econometric packages, and data science languages (Python, R and SQL).
- Contribute to and publish original research related to ESG quantitative investment research by analyzing ESG data and financial data with various statistical and analytical tools based on data science languages (Python, R and SQL).
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree would be a plus) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or related fields in the Sustainability space
- A genuine and demonstrable passion for aligning financial returns with societal impact with a familiarity of ESG data vendors.
- Basic understanding of financial data science and experience with Data Science languages (Python, R, Scala, Java HTML 5 SQL)
- Ability to analyze complex large databases and effectively use Data Visualizations tools like Tableau, BI
- Good knowledge of financial tools (Factset and/or Barra strongly preferred)
If you could be interested in joining a rapidly growing organisation in one of their most influential teams in a role at the cutting edge of sustainable investing, please apply today.