About the Job
You are global development leader and you thrive tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Project Managers live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, and MENA. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horsepower that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Project Managers deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide. With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Lead project teams in disaggregating problems and providing solutions to address them
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
- Manage work streams and provide direction
- Coach, manage and support junior team members
- Oversee the quality of client deliverables
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower consultants to learn by doing, engaging them as core members of project teams from day one.
What We Offer:
- A highly collaborative, flat, and entrepreneurial organization that provides the platform to make an impact on day one
- Engagement with complex and stimulating projects across various content areas, geographies, and types of clients
- A uniquely talented, highly diverse, passionate and fun team
- Hands-on mentorship
- Robust knowledge base and client networks to explore and engage as you build your platform
- Reduced travel schedule compared to typical management consulting positions and a culture supportive of employee work/life balance
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in our culture, beliefs, systems, and processes
- Competitive benefits and career development opportunities
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency and the City of San Francisco Commission on the Status of Women, and non-profits such as Sesame Workshop.
Typical Qualifications for a Project Manager:
- 1+ years of managerial experience, directly managing teams for strategy and/or implementation work (Mandatory Qualification)
- A passion for driving social impact and equity, typically evidenced by a strong interest in and/or prior exposure to global or local impact issues
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience with stakeholder and client management in complicated settings and with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Ability to work with and lead a team in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Experience living and working in different communities
- For our US Offices: Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
- For our Mexico City Office: Demonstrated fluency with Spanish and English speaking and writing skills
Our current opportunities are in New York; San Francisco; Seattle; Washington, DC; and Mexico City.
Your application should be submitted via our Dalberg website career portal (https://dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/335) and should include a resume and cover letter.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Dalberg is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Employment in Dalberg’s Mexico City office is contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in Mexico as well as possessing fluency in Spanish.
Employment in Dalberg's US offices is contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work permanently in the US.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services.
Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media, and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – a US and Latin American company as much as an Asian, African, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with nearly 50% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity, and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 30 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.