About the Job
As we grow, we are looking for someone to provide administrative as well as event support across our small but mighty team. This will be a varied role working on administration, registration, data management, coordination of online events, an in person Summit taking place in London October 17-19, 2022 as well as liaising with a global set of internal and external partners, including a team based across North America and Western Europe.
This position is offered on a consultant/freelance basis. We anticipate the workload to be approx 15 hours per week, spread over 3-4 days until December, and beginning of January through December 2022 closer to 30-35 hours per week. We are looking for someone to start November 2021. This role will be fully remote, with some in person meetings.
Event Coordination & Operations: Over the next 12 months we will be convening a series of virtual events, and our flagship Summit in October 2022. We will look to this person to support scheduling meetings across time zones, run registration, support logistics and event hosting (mostly on Zoom). Managing timelines, creating showflows, liaising with vendors, creating RFPs are additional tasks that will gear up in 2022.
Data & Registration Management: We use Salesforce - the ideal candidate will have knowledge of Salesforce and an appetite to deepen their knowledge. They will support the team to access the data they need, generate reports, list management and handle data clean up and management. These tasks will also apply to the chosen registration system for our online events and in person Summit.
General & Administrative Tasks: We are a fast moving team, working across multiple time zones, with a range of admin needs. This person will play a keystone role in making sure we are as efficient as possible - everything from supporting meetings (scheduling, note taking etc.) to helping with developing external documents and presentations to getting us the data we need by analysing spreadsheets or researching facts and stats online.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Love to be organised and have excellent time management skills
- Enjoy providing rock solid support to a team: you are someone people can count on
- Pride yourself on your ability to communicate with a wide range of people, from different backgrounds and across a global community
- Would describe yourself as ‘tech savvy’ - with experience of managing Salesforce, knowledge of Asana, hosting Zoom, Squarespace (a nice to have, but not a must) and maximising use of G-Suite, as well as the ability to quickly learn other platforms
- Are happy working flexibly to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Have phenomenal attention to detail and love to get all the final details just right
In addition to the above criteria, you will have a degree and 4+ years’ of experience in event management, previous administration and coordination roles.
Compensation: £25 GBP an hour.
The application deadline is Friday 5 November. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, people with disabilities, or other marginalised communities. A truly equitable world is one in which all voices are heard and valued, and we commit to fostering an environment of inclusion and belonging within the team.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com