About the Job
Oikocredit International (OI) is looking for an Equity Analyst (full-time) to be based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. The Equity Department is responsible for developing and managing an impactful equity portfolio. The team focuses on building, monitoring and managing the equity investment portfolio, taking into account the risk and the triple bottom line impact (social performance, financial and environmental).
Responsibilities The Equity Analyst is responsible for providing support to Equity Officers in Africa in identifying, screening, assessing, negotiating, structuring, recommending and closing investment opportunities, in managing, monitoring and reporting on investment, as well as for availability and analysis of relevant information.
If you join our team, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Supporting Equity Officers based in Ivory Coast, in Kenya and in our European HQ:
- general assessment and financial analysis of potential investees,
- due diligence processes,
- trips to potential investees
- market analysis research
- identification of prospects or pipeline development.
- Monitoring and managing portfolio holdings:
- Providing analytical support for portfolio holding investments and investment opportunities
- Implementing and managing regular reporting formats and procedures
- Reviewing and summarizing monthly reports prepared by Investees
- Preparing portfolio review reports
- Planning and monitoring legal closing processes, elaborating AML- CDD packages of approved investments based on Oikocredit’s legal guidelines and handling the hiring process of external consultants, if needed.
- Assisting social performance issues management as appropriate and supporting value creation of portfolio holdings for possible exit with solid social and financial returns.
- Promoting the long-term success of Oikocredit’s equity endeavours; Collaborating with internal and external colleagues to maximize impact and promoting Oikocredit’s reputation in the industry.
Education and experience
- Master degree in the field of finance, accounting or economics
- 2 years of working experience in a relevant field such as corporate finance, or banking
- Experience in structuring financial models and in financial analysis
- English and French proficiency, verbal and written
- Regional professional experience
- Ability to work independently and with a great sense of responsibility
This job might be for you if you:
- Seek to advance your career in finance, equity investments or economics.
- Have a keen interest in environmental, social and development issues.
- Enjoy building and maintaining business relations.
- Are willing to travel frequently (up to 25% of the time).
- Are committed to the mission of Oikocredit.
- You want to join a professional organization with social goals
- You want to work in an international and highly diverse environment
- You will work across different sectors of the economy in many different countries
Please go to Oikocredit.softgarden.io and summit your application in English including your CV and letter of motivation, no later than November 5, 2021.
Please note that :
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration in the selection process.
- If we do not get back to you within two weeks of advertisement closure, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Oikocredit is a socially responsible investor dedicated to empowering people globally. Our mission is to provide financial services and support to organizations to improve the quality of life of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way. We offer a triple return to our investors: social, environmental and financial. More information about our organization can be found at: www.oikocredit.coop/jobs/working-for-oikocredit.