About the Job
We are searching for a talented Investment Associate to join our London investment team. As Ceniarth grows its pipeline of impact-first investment opportunities we need more capacity to evaluate and execute transactions. This role will involve leading due diligence and structuring for deals, including market research, financial analysis, management evaluation, impact analysis and legal papering. Investment Associates at Ceniarth also have portfolio management responsibilities, and engage with our investees to track progress on a quarterly basis. Investments will primarily be funds and debt transactions in emerging markets, specifically in agriculture, financial inclusion and SME finance.
- Lead multiple transactions in parallel: manage investee relationships, due diligence, structuring and deal execution
- Portfolio monitoring: maintain relationship with allocated portfolio companies and funds, collect reporting data and maintain view on investment health and social impact
- Firm building: contribute to ad hoc projects, including market research, investment strategy and investment process development
- Top tier undergraduate education
- 2 – 5 years work experience in finance
- Experience working on private debt transactions
- Experience investing, or working, in emerging markets
- Demonstrated interest in market based solutions benefiting underserved communities, ideally in developing economies
- Eligible to work in the UK
Please submit a CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Investment Associate Application – [your name]”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Ceniarth is an impact-first, single-family office and private foundation focused on investing in solutions that benefit underserved communities. Our mission is to provide patient, flexible, and often below market-rate capital that is critically needed to improve livelihoods in vulnerable places globally. This has translated into sectoral interests in areas such as agriculture, energy access, affordable housing, and financial services.
We work with a broad range of investment tools to achieve our mission, including both direct and fund investments. Our transactions range from supporting the scale-up of mature funds and enterprises, to pilot investments intended to support high impact business models in difficult or new markets.
Our current team of eleven has been specifically assembled to serve this mission and consists of professionals with backgrounds in social entrepreneurship, social & institutional finance, development economics, public health, management consulting, and cross-border tax and legal expertise.
Illustrative investments to date can be found at ceniarthllc.com