About the Job
The Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with GSF data team and various internal partners to maintain the existing infrastructure for ingesting, fusing, and distributing sustainability data.
- Working alongside cross-functional/firm-wide business and technology teams to design and implement solutions to further the integration of sustainability considerations into investment processes across various asset classes.
- Collaborating with the data infrastructure team to build tools and processes to rapidly ingest additional sustainability content and ESG data feeds.
- Ensuring a high standard of data quality and availability with focus on automated testing/regression, monitoring workflows and adjusting processes as needed.
- Overseeing different data related projects across all phases of development, requirements analysis, application design and implementation.
- Analyzing and planning implementation of data governance requirements across data sets and entities.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar field, with strong exposure to data infrastructures.
- Experience with data engineering, building, deploying and maintaining large, complex data services and pipelines on distributed systems.
- Fluency in Python and SQL, experience with workflow scheduling tools.
- Experience maintaining and curating meta-data libraries and Git code repositories and supporting notebook-based data science workflow.
Exposure to one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms of prediction and classification.
- Experience with geospatial data integration, management and processing.
- Experience in implementing data visualizations in Tableau, Dash or Power BI.
- Working knowledge of Scala, Java, and/or kdb/Q.