About the Job
Morgan Stanleys Global Sustainable Finance (GSF) group is responsible for driving sustainability integration across products and solutions, business activities, and operations, and is the engine that powers the Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing. GSF and the Institute work to foster innovation, help develop the next generation of sustainable investing leaders and generate insights that inform and empower investors.
One of Morgan Stanleys key strategic initiatives is the Sustainable Solutions Collaborative which was launched in 2020 to help drive systemic change that could help solve some of the world?s most complex and important sustainability challenges. The Collaborative identifies five innovative ideas from a pool of candidates put forth by an expert group of nominators. It awards each of them $250,000. The winners then participate in a year-long program of engagement, programming, and mentorship with Morgan Stanley that aims to accelerate and amplify their ideas.
In close collaboration with Morgan Stanleys Chief Sustainability Officer as well as the Head of Global Sustainable Finance, the Sustainable Solutions Collaborative Lead will help set strategy, design programming and manage the day to day operations of the Sustainable Solutions Collaborative and related programs. This person should be organized and creative with a passion for sustainability, as they will be responsible for managing the process of sourcing candidates through the nominator network, managing the selection process, and overseeing the core program curriculum. In addition, a successful candidate will have very strong written and verbal communication skills.
In collaboration with members of GSF and external partners, lead all components of program management. This includes:
- Managing the nomination process - reaching out to and communicating with nominators and leading the collection of nominations.
- Managing the nominee application process ? communicating and working with candidates as they submit information, overseeing all aspects of the application process
- Running the submission assessment process - planning and overseeing all aspects of vetting and judging of submissions
- Manage and organize internal and external due diligence processes for finalists
- Support design of program curriculum and manage all aspects of programming and content for awardees with internal and external content partners
- Manage relevant external communications for the program, in partnership with the Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing and Communications and Marketing teams.
- Manage relationships with awardees and support internal coordination with key senior stakeholders over the course of the year-long program of engagement
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders and vendors that participate in the programming of the Collaborative and its execution
- Facilitate the ongoing community of Collaborative alumni
- 5+ years experience in consulting, finance or another related field
- Knowledge of and a passion for sustainability issues and sustainable investing/finance specifically
- Bachelors degree with a focus on business, finance and/or sustainability
- Finance industry experience strongly preferred
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Comfort juggling multiple priorities; strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team or independently
- Persistence, tenacity and drive for results