About the Job
Morgan Stanleys Global Sustainable Finance Group (GSF) aims to drive the growth of sustainable investing through ongoing development of products and solutions, thought leadership and capacity building initiatives. The GSF team is seeking a Director to support the teams incubation and execution of innovative sustainable investing products, solutions and tools in collaboration with Morgan Stanley businesses. Successful candidates will be well-versed in sustainable investing approaches and the ecosystem across private and public markets with strong attention to detail and nuance, and excellent writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
The Director will be responsible for proactively managing and executing projects at the intersection of sustainable investing, innovation, and commercial opportunities. Projects will span a variety of internal and external initiatives and result in developing a deep understanding of the sustainable investing solution set across Morgan Stanleys businesses. Additionally, there will be opportunities to conduct in-depth industry research and market intelligence, perform quantitative analysis, track sustainable investing KPIs and summarize outputs appropriate for internal and external executive audiences. The Director may assist with content development and project management related to other areas of the GSF team, including, but not limited to, thought leadership through Morgan Stanleys Institute for Sustainable Investing, GSF Data Team, and/or functions of the Office of Sustainability, utilizing a similar skillset.
- Support and drive process and project management of innovative sustainable investing products, solutions, tools and initiatives in collaboration with teams across Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley Investment Management, and the Institutional Securities Group.
- Produce decision useful materials that synthesize key takeaways and opportunities/risks for a diverse set of client, investor and executive-level audiences that reflect a range of familiarity with sustainable investing concepts, approaches and regulations.
- Manage and track engagements with industry partners and assist in identifying and evaluating new opportunities to amplify sustainable investing innovations and leadership, sometimes in collaboration with the Institute for Sustainable Investing, GSF Data Team and/or Office of Sustainability.
- Engage, as necessary, with business support functions across the Firm including Technology, Marketing, Legal, Risk and Compliance.
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or other finance coursework a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in management/strategy consulting and/or navigating a large global financial services institution.
- Strong and efficient research capabilities, with ability to prioritize and analyze information that is both quantitative and qualitative in nature.
- Familiarity with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data providers, frameworks, and regulatory developments across asset classes. Familiarity with impact management, measurement, and reporting a plus.
- Passion for the intersection of finance and sustainability, with an understanding of relevant sustainable investing themes including but not limited to climate change and transition finance; circular economy and plastic waste reduction; diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel; experience with financial market and ESG data sources.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.