About the Job
Accion is currently recruiting a Finance Manager to be an integral member of the Accion Impact Management team. The Finance Manager will be the go-to person for all things related to the team’s accounting and finance needs. We are looking for someone who can calmly manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment and who is self-motivated and driven by both the process and results.
About Accion Impact Management
Accion Impact Management is a new initiative of Accion that will house Accion´s new sponsored investment vehicles both for microfinance, fintech and financial inclusion more broadly. Accion has sponsored four top-performing investment vehicles and invests out of its balance sheet. Accion´s balance sheet is house under Accion Global Investments, which invests in established financial services providers (FSPs) that support underserved micro entrepreneurs, families, and individuals in emerging markets. We work closely with Accion’s digital advisory services group, Global Advisory Solutions, and Accion’s regional teams to provide strategic and operational support to our portfolio companies, with the goal of developing commercially sustainable businesses that realize social and financial returns.
Over more than twenty years, we have founded, invested in, and helped operate some of the world’s leading microfinance institutions and innovative financial service providers, building demonstration models for the market and catalyzing the capital markets to transform financial services for the underserved. Accion has also been a pioneer investing in fintech for inclusion through Accion Venture Lab, doing balance sheet investments and having a side-car co-investment vehicle. Accion’s seed-stage investment initiative Accion Venture Lab provides capital and extensive support to innovative fintech startups that improve the reach, quality, and affordability of financial services for the underserved and have the potential to scale. Backed by commercial and impact investors since the launch of its third-party fund in 2019, Venture Lab has invested in more than 55 early-stage startups that operate in 30 countries worldwide. Venture Lab is a part of Accion, a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. Accion catalyzes financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 170 partners in 55 countries.
Why you should consider working with us:
We are a globally diverse team working in collaboration towards our shared mission of financial inclusion. Our core values include excellence, respect, and passion for social change. As a team, we share a passion for social impact and believe in the power of financial inclusion to transform the lives of underserved communities.
We are leaders in our industry. Over more than twenty years, we have founded, invested in, and helped operate some of the world’s leading microfinance institutions and innovative financial service providers, building demonstration models for the market and catalyzing the capital markets to transform financial services for the underserved.
We get ambitious things done in a supportive environment. As a member of our team, you will have an ambitious agenda, but you will get plenty of support from your managers and team—in addition to regular learning events, an individual professional development benefit, peer brainstorm and review opportunities, as well as opportunities to collaborate with leaders in our field.
We appreciate each other as people. We know that to grow we need to surround ourselves with people who have had different experiences and backgrounds to ensure creativity of thought and constant learning. We celebrate creativity and learn from our mistakes. In this position you will have the opportunity to lead global projects and to grow and advance with the team.
- Liaise with Fund Administrators for daily operations, including capital calls, reporting, and day-to-day communications with Limited Partners;
- Liaise with Fund Administrators to prepare and confirm quarterly NAV & Financial Statements;
- Maintain accurate accounting records of multiple entities, including proper back-up documentation;
- Lead valuation process, audit and tax files of the investment vehicles under Accion Impact Management by coordinating internally with Accion Finance, external auditor(s) and tax advisors;
- In addition to the Financial statements of Accion Impact Management´s Investment Vehicles prepared by the Fund Administrators, perform a shadow accounting of the Investment Vehicles;
- Prepare the financial reporting to Accion International for Accion International’s consolidated audited financial statements and tax return;
- Perform a full-cycle Accounts Payable process, including timely entering of invoices and payments, utilizing available automation tools;
- Process employee expense reports and book in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Perform banking treasury management in coordination with Fund Administrators and Accion;
- Coordinate with Operations [Specialist] on maintenance of investment records for Accion Impact Management´s Investment Vehicles, as well as coordinate with Accion and external providers for banking, corporate services and investment safekeeping services;
- Manage Accion Impact Management´s budget, coordinating the projections, and monitoring that expenses are in line with the annual budget, and alerting management about any discrepancies;
- Oversee the set-up of new and effective accounting system for the team;
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data;
- Coordinate and complete special projects as directed by management.
- Work with Operations [Specialist] and Compliance Officer on compliance of the Funds and of the Investment Manager;
- Coordinate with Operations [Specialist] on regulatory compliance with applicable regime (SEC, state and/or federal).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with at least 7 years of relevant experience;
- Experience at an investment management firm and/or an investment fund is strongly preferred;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and U.S. GAAP;
- CPA certification required;
- Experience with SEC regulation is preferred;
- Curious mindset and demonstrable critical thinking skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel);
- Familiarity with private equity fund accounting, including calculation of IRR, carry interest, management fee allocation, etc., expense allocation policies;
- Ability and confidence to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization from peers to partners, and investors to investees;
- Solutions oriented approach with ability to multi-task and troubleshoot;
- Ability to work independently while working with a global team;
- Passionate about our mission and willing to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
Apply using the following link: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/2171/finance-manager%2c-global-investments/job
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of — or poorly served by — the financial sector. For 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 170 partners in 55 countries. More at http://www.accion.org