About the Job
Village Capital is looking for an Associate, Abaca Entrepreneur & Investor Services that will be critical to the success of Abaca (abaca.app), which benchmarks companies using a proven investment readiness methodology and helps them connect with the right sources of capital and other resources they need to scale.
The Associate will work with Village Capital staff and partner organizations to build vibrant networks of entrepreneurs, investors, and support organizations within a region, such as Latin America, or a sector, such as fintech or health care. The overarching goal is to catalyze the flow of capital to high-potential, high-growth ventures solving large, societal problems, as well as those whose founders are traditionally overlooked, such as women and people of color.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Autonomy and excitement about building a new team: The Abaca Entrepreneur & Investor Services team is new and has substantial potential to grow. You are able to demonstrate leadership by helping to build the team into a well-organized, efficient and scalable team.
- A self-starter: You love to take initiatives and employ creativity to achieve objectives.
- A strong project manager: You coordinate activities across a number of simultaneous projects; document your work to create replicable processes, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Solution orientation: You are confident using technology and tools to solve problems and communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Great interpersonal communications skills: You enjoy meeting and conversing with new people. You have the ability to listen, learn and empathize, simplify complex concepts, and persuade, negotiate and motivate people to take action.
- Great time management skills: You are adept at prioritizing and triaging obligations based on importance and results potential.
You’ll be a key member of the Abaca team at Village Capital and you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Augment member profile data to maximize the product value to entrepreneurs and ensure that all members have high quality match recommendations.
- Perform contracted services for Abaca clients such as:
- Identify & recruit companies, investors, and support organizations that are a good fit for a given problem statement.
- Curate matches & introductions between member companies and investors.
- Lead webinars to educate entrepreneurs, investors, and other stakeholders on investment readiness and how to use Abaca.
- Provide investment readiness mentoring directly to entrepreneurs.
- Provide Spanish language help desk support to users.
- Onboard new high priority Abaca clients to the product
- Assist in productizing experimental services into replicable services and product features
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience;
- 1-3 years professional experience in entrepreneur support, client services, project management or related role;
- Proficiency with web-based applications particularly in the areas of productivity and communications and a comfort level with rapidly adopting new tools and technologies such as, Google Workspace, Slack, Podio, Django Admin, Webflow and cloud-based analytic tools;
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required, Additional languages such as Portuguese, French, Arabic and Turkish are viewed favorably.
Apply directly at: https://vilcap.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=66&source=aWQ9MTM%3D
Village Capital, a grant-supported 501(c)(3), is the largest organization in the world supporting seed-stage, impact-driven startups. Since 2009, we’ve supported more than 1,200 entrepreneurs by tailoring programs to their needs and connecting them with investors that match their vision. We have a multicultural and internationally distributed team, operating in a remote-optional hybrid model. We are headquartered in Washington, DC, with regional teams in Mexico City; Nairobi, Kenya; London and India, and a growing regional presence in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.