About the Job
We are currently supporting a leading asset manager in their search for an Investment Analyst to support their highly innovative Long-Short Equity fund. The strategy invests in the most sustainable businesses and 'shorts' unsustainable business models, or firms who are overstating their sustainability credentials and therefore overvalued by the market. This hire will help support the Portfolio Manager of the fund as part of their London based investment team.
- Generate investment ideas based on methodology and process developed by the team. This includes inter alia industry, business and financial due diligence, competitive analyses, peer group analyses and overall market research, detailed modelling and valuation, ESG analysis, quantitative and technical modelling.
- Meet with company management teams and sell-side specialists.
- Monitor on-going portfolio investments.
- Work with internal systems and regularly review data to ensure accuracy.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in business development in collaboration with product specialists and the sales team.
- Experience working in an equity research function on either the buy-side or sell-side, or as a strategy consultant.
- Strong analytical and modelling skills.
- Genuine passion for and interest in sustainability topics and themes.
- Excellent academic background with a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Strong EQ to communicate and work alongside internal and external stakeholders.
If you could be interested in joining a Long/Short strategy at the cutting edge of the sustainable investment and have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today or contact George Roberts via email@example.com.