About the Job
The CIIC Director will act as a central collaborator and driver of CIIC’s programs and partnerships. The role will be responsible for building out existing CIIC activities and leading new initiatives, building relationships with and engaging stakeholders across the organization and partners in the field, and representing CIIC in forums within the Catholic, faith-based and secular investment community.
The position reports to CIIC’s Advisory Board Co-Chairs and maintains a very close working relationship with the Advisory Board, CIIC’s Associate Director, and acts as a liaison to CIIC’s fiscal sponsor, the Catholic Climate Covenant. The role is best-suited for someone who has experience working and building relationships in the investment industry and who is energized by the mission of moving the impact investing space forward in a faith-based community. Familiarity with Catholic Social Teaching as well as the structure of the Church and landscape of Catholic institutions is highly valued.
Membership Recruitment and Retention
- Identify, conduct outreach, recruit and respond to interest from new member prospects.
- Conduct member due diligence, process applications and payments, oversee the onboarding of new members and the membership renewal process.
- Lead the development of new member and member retention strategies and manage overall recruitment and retention strategies to meet annual goals and targets.
- Work with the Advisory Board and Associate Director to determine long-term strategies and strategies targeting specific groups within the CIIC constituency.
- Steward relationships with current members and other participants in the broader CIIC Community (i.e., pledge signatories) in partnership with the Associate Director
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, provide day-to-day management and support to the CIIC Member Community Platform.
- Plan and manage members-only events in coordination with the Associate Director and CIIC’s Impact Investing and Participation and Outreach Committees, including virtual and in-person gatherings, impact investing manager forums, workshops, trainings and special events.
- Collect and analyze data to track member and non-member engagement and quantify contributions to CIIC programmatic outcomes and impact.
Establishing and Enhancing Partnerships with Aligned Organizations
- Develop partner strategies and partnership protocols.
- Deepen relationships and advance partnerships with established CIIC collaborators.
- Identify potential partners to grow CIIC’s presence abroad and build communities of Catholic investors supporting Catholic Impact Investing.
Building the CIIC Community & Catholic Impact Investing Movement
- Manage the Catholic Impact Investing Pledge, recruiting and tracking pledge signatories, and providing support to signatories and linkages to other CIIC programs and participants.
- Collaborate with CIIC’s Associate Director to curate and contribute to CIIC web content.
- Assist the Associate Director and CIIC’s Participation & Outreach Committee in planning and hosting CIIC’s quarterly Community Forums.
- Collaborate with CIIC’s Advisory Board, Associate Director and CIIC’s Working Committees to organize, fund and celebrate CIIC’s inaugural flagship event, the Global Catholic Impact Investing Summit.
- Increase CIIC’s visibility and awareness of Catholic Impact Investing at industry forums and other events for Catholic, faith-based and impact investors.
Administrative & Fundraising Support
- Draft and track CIIC’s annual operating budget in coordination with CIIC’s Treasurer.
- Coordinate the development of CIIC financial reporting with our fiscal sponsor and support our fiscal sponsor’s information and reporting needs.
- Manage CIIC grant requirements and reporting, including revenue and expense tracking for grant budget, crafting grant progress reports and leading progress calls with grantor.
- Work with the Advisory Board and Associate Director to formulate and implement an annual fundraising plan for CIIC, being responsible for identifying potential donors/grantors, coordinating donor and grant solicitation, stewarding relationships with funders and maintaining records.
- Strong finance and investment acumen with experience in the impact investing field preferred
- Passion for advancing issues of social justice, equity, and integral ecology through the lens of Catholic Social Teaching and Impact Investing and a strong commitment to CIIC’s mission
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Self-motivated, possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, strong service orientation and comfortable working independently
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university - Master’s degree preferred
- High integrity, maturity, and honesty, including the ability to maintain confidentiality and to observe high standards of professional conduct
- Strong personal qualities, “people skills”, highly valued
- 10+ years of relevant work or post-graduate experience
- Full-time, exempt
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package which includes medical, dental and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Some evenings, weekends and travel (including international) required
- Position is US-based with flexibility to work remotely
To submit your application, please complete this brief form. In your cover letter, please share with us why you are interested in the position, what you know about Catholic Impact Investing and what aspect of the role you are most excited about.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, November 12th, 2021. Thank you for your interest in this position.
Catholic Impact Investing Collaborative (CIIC)
The Catholic Impact Investing Collaborative (CIIC – pronounced “seek”) works to actively promote Impact Investing in Catholic institutions through community building, sharing experiences, and learning from each other. Our mission is to accelerate and expand the stewardship of financial resources in service to people and planet.