About the Job
Lyme is looking for an outstanding individual to join our team based in Hanover, NH to manage our investor communications and outreach work, with broad responsibilities that will involve regular interactions with individual and institutional investors and their advisors. As Associate, Investor Relations and ESG, you will maintain and update the firm’s investor database, assist in the development and distribution of reporting and other materials to investors (such as quarterly and annual reports, distribution notices and capital calls, meeting materials, due diligence questionnaires, and offering materials), respond to questions and requests from investors, identify prospective investors and organize fundraising efforts, and coordinate meetings between senior management and investors. In this role, you will have the opportunity to improve processes and organizational approaches to these activities to help the team increase efficiency, improve work quality, and develop both new and longstanding investor relationships. In addition, you will help Lyme achieve its ambitious 5-year environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals by coordinating and participating in internal work groups, and helping to track and report the firm’s ESG activities and impact.
Through day-to-day work with Managing Directors and others at Lyme, as well as professional development opportunities, you will gain broad exposure to principal investments, sustainable forestry and ecosystem services, and impact investing in an entrepreneurial environment. This position will report to Sarah Kitz, Director of Investments.
The firm supports a work-life balance and opportunities for career progression. In addition to competitive compensation, we provide comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, 401k match, paid sick time, and parental leave. Lyme’s offices are in downtown Hanover, NH in the Upper Valley region of New Hampshire and Vermont. The Upper Valley offers the unique combination of rural living alongside cultural events brought by Dartmouth College, access to the outdoors, including the White and Green Mountains and numerous ski resorts, an excellent public school system, and easy access to nearby cities such as Boston.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain the firm’s investor relations database and online investor portal: enter new contacts, record meeting notes, and coordinate and track the delivery of reporting and other information to investors
- Assist in the development and assembly of investor reports, fundraising materials, and marketing materials for existing and prospective investors
- Coordinate and participate in meetings between senior management and key investor contacts
- Manage the fundraising process and distribution of materials related to new investment offerings sponsored by the firm
- Serve as the firm’s liaison with current and prospective investors; research new potential investor relationships
- Organize and coordinate the firm’s annual investor meeting
- Update content on the firm’s website
- Lead the firm’s impact reporting and ESG tracking efforts, including reporting to third-party ESG organizations such as the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI)
- Monitor trends and best practices in impact investing and reporting through memberships, newsletters, and independent research
- Complete special projects, data collection, and analysis, as opportunities arise
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including high proficiency in designing professional presentation materials
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Hard work, teamwork, accountability, integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Exposure and/or willingness to learn customer relationship management (CRM) software (Salesforce exposure preferable)
- Some travel (visits to timberlands, conferences, and investor meetings)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
Employment in this position is contingent upon, consent to, and successful completion of a pre-employment background check. Lyme is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Lyme Timber Company
The Lyme Timber Company LP is a private investment management company that focuses on the acquisition and sustainable management of forestland in the US and Canada. Since its founding in 1976, Lyme has followed a disciplined and value-oriented approach to its investments. The Company’s current portfolio includes approximately 1.6 million acres in New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, and California. Lyme takes a hands-on approach to investment management by establishing local operating companies, investing in forest-product businesses in regions where we own land, and pursuing other value-add strategies such as conservation transactions.
Lyme is widely recognized as a leader in the field of timberland management and conservation finance, with a long history of permanent conservation outcomes, forest carbon sequestration projects, and other ecosystem services investments. The company’s core values include honesty, integrity, innovative problem solving, stewardship of land, forests and natural systems, and fairness and respect toward one another, our partners, and the communities where we work.