About the Job
Sustainable Supply Chains, Agriculture, Farm Labor, Community Involvement, and Habitat Conservation
Frutura is a U.S.-based sales and marketing network with business units in the U.S., Peru, and Chile committed to supplying global customers with premium fruit, 365 days a year. Frutura is seeking a VP of Sustainability to develop and manage its corporate sustainability strategy. The position will be based in Reedley, California and fluency in Spanish is required.
The role of VP of Sustainability is a high-profile one in Frutura and entails significant interaction with senior leadership, its business units, and its Board of Directors. This leader will report to the CEO, and their primary responsibility is to develop and manage the company’s corporate sustainability strategy. This will include supervising the implementation of the strategy in conjunction with the heads of ESG at the business-unit levels in Peru and Chile and managing it for Frutura’s U.S. business unit. The VP of Sustainability will work to certify Frutura and its business units as B Corporations and will lead its efforts on responsible supply chains, sustainable agriculture, farm labor, corporate community involvement, and habitat conservation. This leader will advance Frutura’s impact mission while acting as the primary coordinator between senior leadership at Frutura, leadership from Frutura’s business units, and its Board of Directors and key stakeholders, including the ESG team representing Frutura’s primary investor, RRG Capital Management LLC (RRG). The role will require some combination of a background in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, expertise in sustainability strategic planning, corporate community involvement, and/or experience with agricultural supply chains or large-scale farming operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain Frutura in environmental sustainability and social responsibility, working with Frutura’s leadership, its Board of Directors, and in collaboration with RRG’s ESG team
- Build and lead Frutura’s corporate sustainability mission and strategy
- Work to certify Frutura and its business units as a B Corporations
- Manage the ESG leads of the Peru and Chile Business Units in the implementation of Frutura’s sustainability strategy and run it for the U.S. Business unit
- Create and manage project workplans and schedules
- Manage data, key performance indicators, monitoring, and evaluation
- Successfully communicate Frutura’s ESG strategy and progress internally and externally
- Low-ego, positive, and curious personality coupled with unwavering integrity and accountability
- Proven leader in an ESG environment, being able to combine hard and soft skills to convey information
- Strong interest in agrobusiness
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong desire to improve ESG processes to drive measurable outcomes
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written English and Spanish
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and in a multi-team environment
Qualifications and Experience
Note that a successful candidate does not have to match all the listed characteristics. Frutura believes that our organization and culture are made stronger through diverse perspectives and experiences.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in sustainability and/or agrobusiness
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Ability to travel internationally an estimated two weeks per quarter
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in Spanish and English (oral, aural, and written)
What We Offer
The successful applicant will assume immediate responsibility for challenging work in a close-knit, supportive office community. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, along with the opportunity to join a team of passionate individuals who share a unique entrepreneurial culture.
To apply, please visit our job site at https://renewableresourcesgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs
Frutura is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Renewable Resources Group LLC
Frutura is a sales and marketing network committed to supplying global customers with premium fruit, 365 days a year. The company’s growers and marketers consistently deliver produce of the highest quality, demonstrate operational excellence and share Frutura’s core values around social and environmental performance. www.fruturaproduce.com