About the Job
Renewables Forward is seeking an Executive Director who will be responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission. The Executive Director will work with the Board to develop an annual strategy and budget and will work with member organizations to drive the execution of initiatives and programs that focus on the following:
- Increase diversity and inclusion in our industry and benchmark progress.
- Develop and share corporate practices and policies to increase diversity and inclusion within our companies and the industry.
- Create a more diverse and inclusive pipeline of candidates and business leaders and owners in the renewable energy industry.
- Invest in the under-resourced, diverse communities in which we work.
- Work closely with the members and the Board of Directors to develop an annual business plan, budget, priorities, and KPIs for the organization
- Work with members of Renewables Forward to develop and implement programs, strategic planning and community outreach
- Initially function as a lean, one-person organization and then grow the team as appropriate
- Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure smooth operations of the organization, including consultants and outsourced resources
- Maintain open communication and disclosure of the conditions, operations, and needs of the organization
- Serve as a bridge among the member-led committees to ensure that efforts are well coordinated
- Plan regular meetings for member companies, set agenda, and work with members to ensure high levels of participation
- Support and direct public education and relations activities to build and maintain relationships with other organizations and the public
- Work to actively grow Renewables Forward membership base and funding, including but not limited to, philanthropic and government funded grants and donations
- Oversee organizational structuring tasks and continued auditing and compliance requirements in line with maintaining Renewables Forward's non-profit status
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the organization's mission and vision
- Ability to function at both strategic and day-to-day operational levels
- Solid organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grant writing
- Existing high-level community and industry relationships and the ability to establish and maintain new working relationships with community leaders and the public
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- At least three to five years related experience with leadership experience
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Renewables Forward is an initiative started by renewable and clean energy leaders to drive diversity across the industry, create inclusive businesses and organizations, and ensure that our collective impact serves all communities. The member companies have come together to share experiences and resources, evaluate best management and hiring practices, and invest in strategies that enable real change. Over the last 12 months Renewables Forward has been designed, built, and led by member companies focused on and committed to this mission.