About the Job
Seeking motivated professional for key role within our firm. Director of Shareowner Engagement will partner with the Head of Stewardship & Engagement to drive BCAM’s strategy and process while leveraging our long-standing pioneering leadership in this field. Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years work experience in engagement, shareholder advocacy or a related field. Looking for collaborative inquisitive team player to represent our firm with our investment holdings, clients and at industry events.
- Work with the Head of Stewardship & Engagement to develop the US Corporate Engagement strategy aligned with firm’s current 3-year engagement priorities.
- Oversee the US Corporate Engagement portfolio including direct engagement - including but not limited to direct dialogue and shareholder proposals, tracking, and reporting requirements.
- Collaborate and represent the firm with key US engagement partners linked to the US engagement portfolio priorities.
- Track, maintain, and report on BCAM formal commitments.
- Manage Team Associates related to US engagement portfolio.
- Work with the Head of Stewardship & Engagement on annual reporting requirements including the annual PRI report, Impact Report, and other required commitment disclosures.
- Represent our work in client meetings, panel discussions, and more broadly externally, as needed, potentially including the media
- 7-10 years work experience in engagement or shareholder advocacy or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, strategize, build, and lead collaborative investor coalitions.
- Deep environmental or sector-specific ESG issue expertise.
- Independent thinking, but also a team-player.
- Minimum three years of Team management experience and skills
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and a cover letter describing how your qualifications and interests will enable you to contribute to our organization in this position. Send all correspondence via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Shareowner Engagement” in the subject line.
Boston Common Asset Management, LLC
Diverse, women-led and majority women-and-employee owned, Boston Common Asset Management (BCAM) is a sustainable investor and innovator dedicated to the pursuit of ﬁnancial return AND social change. BCAM is an active, global equity ESG (environmental, social, & governance) investment manager, and a leader in impactful shareowner engagement since its founding in 2003. The company’s investment strategies had $5.6 billion in assets as of June 30, 2021. BCAM is headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in San Francisco, CA