About the Job
You are an experienced corporate and project finance Investment Analyst who will be responsible for sourcing, closing, monitoring and managing debt transactions in emerging and frontier markets as part of the Markets Innovation Unit. More specifically, the Unit's debt investments span technology sectors (including Fintech, AgTech), corporates (commodity traders, agriculture) and project finance deals in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors. You will mostly conduct detailed credit analysis and financial due diligence for new project finance deals as well as contribute to other innovative deals.
The position is based in our Head office in Geneva, and you will support the current Head of Market Innovation and the Senior Analysts on the team in the development of deal flow, analyzing transactions, preparing deal documentation, and the closing and monitoring of transactions.
- Market research and sector analysis;
- Help collect and organize key financial and organizational documents from pipeline companies;
- Perform financial analysis;
- Help conducting AML/KYC checks on pipeline companies and their management/directors;
- Draft key documents (Concept Notes, Deal Teasers, Term Sheets, Investment Advisory Reports) with the support of other experts within the company;
- Gather all the necessary information for deal approval meetings, including any post-committee requests;
- Support the efforts of the Structuring and Operations teams in the closing of transactions;
- Help the regular collection of performance data (including impact data) from pipeline companies and perform routine monitoring analysis;
- Take part in the communication effort towards employees and clients, aiming at fostering Symbiotics’ project finance and corporate finance investments strategy.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is self-motivated, results oriented, with strong teamwork skills and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- 5 years+ of experience in development finance
- 3 years+ of experience in project finance or corporate finance
- Confirmed experience in emerging economies
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Fluent in English; French, Spanish or other language a plus
- Valid Swiss work permit is required
Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services.
We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK.
Symbiotics currently employs 160 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town. Since 2004, we have invested over USD 5bn in more than 400 microfinance institutions across around 80 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 30 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage. We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
What makes us different?
- A flexible work environment that supports employees in their personal projects
- A friendly and supportive team and colleagues from 38 countries
- The ability to express your ideas, share your opinion and collaborate in a dynamic environment
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes to be your best every having a positive impact on others