About the Job
This is a unique opportunity for a mid-career professional looking to transition into or further a career in impact investing.
As a member of Tideline’s senior management team, the Director will play an important role through project and client management, marketing and business development, and key staff management functions. The position is a central, Partner-track role at Tideline with opportunity for advancement, working closely with the firm’s Managing Partner and other firm leadership.
Core responsibilities include:
- Project execution and management
- Leading project planning from the outset of a project, including developing the timeline, sequencing, and division of responsibilities
- Serving as a key counterpart to the Managing Partner in client management
- Managing and coordinating the team’s workstreams throughout the project, anticipating challenges and adapting as necessary, and ensuring clear and timely communication and information sharing among the team
- Leading meetings among the team and with the client, including developing agendas and guiding the preparatory work needed
- Overseeing the deliverable development process, including:
- Guiding and/or advising on research and analysis
- Overseeing team in shaping the synthesis of research to develop customized frameworks, create structure, draw out takeaways, and develop sound conclusions and recommendations
- Organizing and participating in team brainstorming activities
- Supporting drafting of project proposals
- Participating in meetings with prospective clients, as needed
- Contributing to communications- and marketing-related efforts, as needed
- Contributing to firm’s business development strategy, as needed
Staff and firm management
- Supervising the Consulting team in collaboration with the Managing Partner
- Co-leading the professional development of the Consulting team, through coaching, mentorship, and feedback
- Guiding staffing allocations to client projects and internal workstreams, with others on the team
- Advising on, and participating as needed, in firm recruiting and hiring
- Providing inputs on budget and financial analyses, as needed
- Shaping the firm’s strategy and planning
- Strengthening and adding to the firm’s culture
- Contributing to internal operational improvements
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; is exceptionally well-organized; excels at managing people and processes; writes and communicates well; and has experience in project management, consulting, finance, and impact.
Desired qualifications and experiences include:
- Approximately six to ten years of relevant work experience (note: we welcome candidates with slightly more or less experience to apply, and the position’s title may be adjusted accordingly to match experience level)
- Experience in a similar role at a top-tier consulting firm, financial institution, investment firm, or comparable environment
- Experience and proclivity for managing teams, including supervising and supporting development of junior staff
- Exceptional critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Adept at using Microsoft Office; strong PowerPoint skills and design sensibilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Master’s degree in relevant field a plus
- Familiarity with impact investing preferred
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion At Tideline, we believe that compassion, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our success. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion manifests in three key ways:
The mission and vision of Tideline Our firm’s vision of shared, sustainable prosperity is inseparably rooted in the credo of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
How we conduct ourselves as an employer Tideline is an equal opportunity employer, and we value the unique contributions of each of our team members. Through our hiring, mentoring, and managing, we encourage our team to bring their full selves and individuality to Tideline’s work.
How we use our influence In our work with clients, we strive to be an enabling force in the equitable distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within our society.
Please apply through the link provided: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/a7m5n2tghu?utm_source=[GIIN] You may send any questions to email@example.com
BlueMark, a Tideline company, is a leading global provider of independent impact verification services for investors and companies. Our mission is to strengthen trust in impact investing by delivering independent, incisive verification services, enabling the market to scale with integrity. We evaluate and verify how clients approach the impact in impact investing based on accepted industry standards. Our services are designed to meet the growing investor demand and market expectation for greater confidence and credibility in the impact label, especially as impact claims are more closely scrutinized by a range of stakeholders.
Founded in 2014, Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include strategy development, impact management system design, impact due diligence, impact monitoring & reporting, and impact verification.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading global asset owners, asset managers, and service providers active in impact investing. Tideline has offices in New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; and Portland, OR.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City, San Francisco, and London, and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.