About the Job
This position would be focused on one of Maycomb’s flagship funds, the Community Outcomes Fund, as well as other efforts to provide flexible, mission-aligned debt to impact enterprises. Cross cutting the work at Maycomb Outcomes is a commitment to expanding access to economic opportunity for low-income families and individuals. The Analyst may work across a variety of vehicles and custom strategies under the management of the Maycomb Outcomes team.
Job Description The Analyst for Maycomb Outcomes will be primarily responsible for supporting investor relations, communications, and business operations. The role will also include responsibilities related to research, strategic partnership building, and business development.
Responsibilities may include:
Investor relations and reporting
- Work as a core part of the investor relations team to delight and inspire investors, including institutional investors, family offices, and foundations
- Lead quarterly reporting process, which includes both financial and impact data
- Project manage and prepare for communications with investors, including quarterly calls
Strategic communications and thought leadership
- Play a key role in building and executing a strategy to feature our approach to improving outcomes in low-income communities across a range of maycombcapital.com publications, including drafting articles, blog posts, and other forms of content
- Position Maycomb as a leader using social media and our website to grow our online presence
- Plan for and manage participation and sponsorship in events and organizations Business operations
- Help manage and streamline our operational processes as we grow from start-up to more experienced fund manager by working with our operations team, outsourced fund accounting team, and CFO, to coordinate activity between back office, investments, and investors
- Serve as a brain trust for the organization in researching and synthesizing information on subjects and themes both for current investment strategies and potential future investment strategies
- Keep apprised of important policy changes that might impact existing investment strategies or create new opportunities for investments
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant major
- One or more years of relevant work experience
- Positive attitude and empathetic disposition; drive to do work in service of others
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and senior colleagues simultaneously
- Strong written skills - published pieces of written content a plus
- Superior PowerPoint slide creation and oral communications skills
- Commitment to a collegial workplace and the flexibility and drive to thrive in an evolving start-up environment
Please send a copy of your resume and statement of interest to the Community Outcomes Fund at email@example.com with the subject line “Maycomb Outcomes Analyst”
Our firm actively seeks out candidates who bring with them a commitment to racial equity and a diverse set of lived experiences.
About Maycomb Capital
Maycomb Capital is a pioneering impact investing platform. We provide financing across asset classes to fund strategies and enterprises that transform communities. At Maycomb, we know that the world’s problems demand patience, creativity and an appreciation for complexity. We drive capital toward effective solutions for underserved communities, using data and rigorous analysis to guide our decisions. We identify scalable and sustainable paths to positive change, tackling entrenched social and economic challenges. By harnessing the scale, expertise and risk tolerance of the private sector in service of the public good, we’re demonstrating what’s possible with mission-focused, flexible capital.
Our flagship funds transform underserved communities in two different - but complementary - ways:
- The Community Outcomes Fund (TCOF) provides outcomes financing (also known as pay-for-success) that matches private capital with local priorities, realigning government programs with proven solutions to social challenges
- The Social Entrepreneurs Fund (TSEF) makes early-stage equity investments in the most promising entrepreneurs, upending traditional business models to create sustainable change.
We’re named for Maycomb County, the setting of Harper Lee’s classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird. Lee used Maycomb, a fictional district in Depression-era Alabama, as a backdrop for her universal story of the pursuit of justice. Her story sparked conversations about equity that still resonate today. Maycomb seeks to continue this dialogue, bringing innovative ideas to light through action.