About the Job
The Responsible Investing team is part of RBC’s Global Investments team. Global Investments includes Portfolio Advisor Group (PAG) and Global Manager Research (GMR). Global Investments supports RBC’s client facing advisors globally in all matters relating to portfolio construction, security selection, and the provision of timely market insights. The Responsible Investing team assists with implementation, evaluation, education, and thought leadership relating to RBC WM’s responsible investing and ESG efforts. Critical to the team's success is building relationships with individuals both internal and external to RBC, including partnerships with advisors, investment management teams, and stakeholders within the business. The Responsible Investing (RI) and ESG Associate will be tasked with growing RBC Wealth Management US’s capabilities in Responsible investing through the creation of education materials, thought leadership, and the development of marketing collateral. Additionally, the RI Associate will collaborate with Global Investment teams as they seek to deepen the integration of ESG data into their investment processes. As part of the process, look for opportunities to glean learnings and insights to share with clients and advisors. Finally, the RI Associate will partner with internal groups in training, marketing, and other departments to bring RI and ESG information to our advisors. Advisors may reach out to this Associate for additional information and support.
What will you do?
- Actively involved in developing, writing, editing, and maintaining RI and ESG related thought leadership that in a timely manner.
- Research and construct tools to educate and support our advisors and clients as they look to integrate RI and ESG into their practices and portfolios.
- Support strategic initiatives throughout the firm related to RI, Climate, Diversity, and other ESG related topics.
- Act as a first line of support for advisors and peers regarding questions about RI and ESG.
- Work with closely with ESG data to evaluate and report on various investment portfolios.
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in related field
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets
- Basic understanding and desire to learn more about ESG and responsible investing
- Passionate about diversity, inclusion, culture, and associate engagement
- An entrepreneurial mindset intent on adding value above and beyond specific assigned tasks
Nice to Have
- 1 – 2 years of experience working in the Responsible Investing, ESG, impact, or sustainable investing space
- Good understanding of financial services and the investment process
- Experience with systems like MSCI ESG Manager, Sustainalytics Global Access, FactSet, or other web application
- Comfort presenting in front of large groups, often including high level executives.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
Apply directly to https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=411010&company=RBC or go to www.rbc.com/careers and search 411010
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
RBC is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance, and creating value for our clients and communities.