About the Job
Impact Capital Managers is launching a new research initiative to capture how impact drives exit value for investment funds. This project will involve close examination of private investment funds and how they operate, with a focus on realized exits (transaction-level) and IPOs to draw conclusions about the relationship between impact and alpha at exit. The goal of this project is to identify variables that affect the ways impact drives exit value in order to enable impact investors to learn from one another and better support the case for impact investing that seeks superior returns. The research will culminate in a publicly available report disseminated to fund managers and limited partners. We anticipate that the bulk of the research will be done by May 2022. This is a high-value project for ICM. As such, you will be working directly with senior leadership at ICM and its member funds.
Key tasks for the Research Fellow will include:
- Finalizing survey dissemination tool + interview questionnaire
- Organizing and gathering data
- Scheduling and executing interviews
- Providing initial analysis and summary of data
- Creating initial report outline
- Preferred Timeline (flexible): November 1, 2021 – May 1, 2022
- Hours: Part-time; 7-10 hours per week
- Location: Remote but preferably in NYC area for (bi-)monthly in-person check-ins with ICM staff
- Stipend: $2500 per semester (prorated for start date)
- You have a background in finance and/or are getting your MBA or graduate degree in a relevant field;
- You are comfortable analyzing financial data sets;
- You have strong writing and research skills;
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You are highly organized and have project management experience;
- You are self-driven and able to work independently;
- Discretion and experience working with Senior or C Suite leadership;
- You are preferably a graduate student;
- You are comfortable working with volunteers;
- You enjoy taking responsibility and “owning” projects from beginning to end;
- You thrive in a small team and start-up environment and you like building things;
- You are excited about companies that create positive impact, and the ways their investors can support them.
Please send your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 18, 2021.
At ICM we are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome interest from individuals who identify with groups historically underrepresented in finance and investing. We value diversity in our organization; we believe diverse teams help us work smarter and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Impact Capital Managers
Impact Capital Managers is a network that brings together the general partners of market-rate funds deeply committed to impact investing in the United States and Canada. Collectively representing over $15 billion in impact-focused capital, we are working together to accelerate impact and financial performance.