About the Job
- Lead prospection for new investees in the region (including Russia, Eastern Europe, Caucasus and MENA)
- Development of the investment vision and strategy for the company in this region, including innovation themes
- Management of a team of analysts
- Oversight of due diligence visits and credit risk report drafting
- Review market risk report drafting
- Supervision of the monitoring process of investees
- Client relationship with investees
- Plan, control and forecast KPIs of the region
- Representation/network on behalf of the company
- Participation to internal credit committees on investment targets of the region
- As deputy of the Head of Markets, coordinate the operation of the division in case of absence
We are looking for a dynamic person who is sales oriented, autonomous, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
More specifically, you have the following skills and competencies:
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in a finance related field; MBA or Master’s degree a plus
- Previous work experience of minimum 5 years in the region working in the impact finance sector (Russia, Eastern Europe, Caucasus and MENA)
- Good understanding of the MSME, green and fintech themes
- Deep knowledge of the impact finance sector or of the banking sector in the region, including proven network of contacts in that specific sector
- Proven interest for emerging and frontier markets and sustainable development
- Previous work experience in people management
- Fluent in both English and Russian; additional languages are a plus
- Willingness and readiness to travel to local markets
- Swiss/EU nationality or valid work permit for Switzerland
Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services. We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK. Symbiotics currently employs 160 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town. Since 2004, we have invested over USD 5bn in more than 400 microfinance institutions across around 80 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 30 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage. We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
What makes us different?
A flexible work environment that supports employees in their personal projects
A friendly and supportive team and colleagues from 38 countries
The ability to express your ideas, share your opinion and collaborate in a dynamic environment
The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes to be your best every having a positive impact on others