About the Job
Area of Responsibility: Credit Underwriting (30%)
- Perform credit analysis and underwrite Social Investment Fund loan applications to determine eligibility of request, ensuring compliance with RSF policies and procedures.
- Review and evaluate credit data and analyze annual financial data and sources of financial information. Based on completed analyses:
- Coordinate with the Lending Managers (LMs) to ensure the required financial information.
- Ensure that Risk Rating Calculators are prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review all property inspections.
- Perform key ratios and collateral to determine borrower/project strength and compliance with RSF credit policies.
- Recommend the terms of conditions and covenants of the Business Loan Agreement.
- Prepare the loan presentation document to support and evaluate the loan request, determine credit quality for loan grading purposes, make recommendations, and identify the potential risks associated with the proposed credit. Present credit issues to Credit Manager (CM) or VP of Lending.
- Work with Lending Managers to prepare the Credit Memo narrative.
- Ensure that all loan files presented to Loan Committee (LC) have been properly reviewed and prepared and are pre-approved prior to presentation by the VP of Lending or respective committees.
- Verify that all the conditions of approval are met and approve/decline any exceptions.
- Review new loan documentation prior to signing/closing.
- Independently manage workflow.
- Conduct industry analysis to examine suitability of potential and existing clients.
- Present credits for approval to the RSF Credit Committee (RSFCC) and Board Loan Committee (BLC).
Area of Responsibility: Credit administration (30%)
- Serve as a resource for Lending Managers and credit team regarding credit risk and portfolio management.
- Monitor and manage monthly and quarterly borrowing base certificates for formula-based lines of credit.
- Support disbursement process as needed.
Area of Responsibility: Portfolio Management (30%)
- Perform Annual Reviews for assigned credit facilities.
- Update trouble loan reports.
- Attend monthly Troubled Loan Committee meetings to track action items for troubled loans.
- Support LMs in obtaining all information required for covenant compliance.
- Proactively recommend change in terms and waivers as appropriate.
- Work on Credit Action Form for modifications, waivers, temporary limit increase and restructures.
- Perform data entry for Sageworks
- Organize and rename electronic lending files.
Area of Responsibility: Other Duties & Projects (10%)
- Special projects
- Provide support to CM
- Provide excellent customer service
- Participate in calls and attend meetings with borrowers
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field required.
- A combination of some or all of the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ commercial credit underwriting and administration experience, including asset and cash flow-based credit analysis skills, and commercial loan structuring.
- Formal credit training that helps perform duties in listed in the job description.
- Capital deployment experience that helps perform duties listed in the job description.
- Experience working with both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the social finance sector, social enterprise, or one of RSF’s focus areas is preferred.
English Language Communication Skills:
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Finance and Math Skills:
- Must have a solid grasp of for-profit and non-profit accounting, advanced credit analysis, and financial modeling.
- Experience in loan underwriting and financial modeling.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, including the ability to understand repayment risks in various industries and develop mitigation strategies.
- Ability to proficiently apply lending concepts and terms.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in asset and cash flow-based credit analysis.
- Well versed at using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Effective knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Effective online research and information-gathering skills.
- Knowledge of Nortridge Loan System or equivalent but not required.
- Salesforce experience preferred but not required.
Judgment and Independence:
- Ability to exercise good judgment with appropriate supervision, manage time effectively, solve significant loan structuring problems, and escalate to CM as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff members and effectively interact with clients.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.