About the Job
We are seeking the Head for our Funds and Co-investments platform and Member of the Executive Committee. In this position you will lead the investment strategy setting for the firm's funds and co-investment platform, manage a team of funds and co-investment professionals, represent the firm and the Funds and Co-investments team vis-a-vis clients. You will oversee and occasionally lead investment due diligence and monitoring projects. Other responsibilities include representing the Funds & Co-investments department on the firm's Executive Committee, Products & Markets Committee and Portfolio Management Committee.
The position reports in the firm's Chief Executive Officer.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting the investment strategy
- Acting as Investment Responsible: Manage/coach a team of Investment Leaders in sourcing fund and co-investment private equity deal flow globally, develop investment recommendations, run due diligence projects, negotiate relevant legal agreements (LPA, Side Letters, SPA, SHA, MIP etc.) and monitor investments (incl. corporate action recommendations)
- Ensuring smooth running of the Fund & Co-investments team's operations (including investment and people processes)
- Provide senior relationship coverage to investee management occasionally including board representation
- Contribute to product development, fund-raising and investor relations (funds and separately managed accounts)
- Conduct / lead the team in various tasks related to product reporting, monitoring investments, market research, internal requests, and marketing with current and potential investors
- Coach and develop team members
- Contribute to the overall development of the firm as Member of the Executive Committee
- Member of the firm's Portfolio Management Committee and Product & Markets Commitee
We are looking for a professional with the ability and willingness to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- At least 15 years of Funds and Co-investment experience (buy-side)
- Experience/track record in portfolio management, fund/mandate strategy development and implementation
- Track record in origination, due diligence, monitoring/value creation and exit of private equity funds and direct or co-investments. Restructuring experience a plus
- Strong and relevant sourcing network globally
- Experience in emerging markets and with the firm’s key investment themes is beneficial
- Demonstrated track record in attracting, developing and retaining a high caliber investment team
- Experience in fundraising and contribution to the overall business development of an investment firm
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing, development finance or social enterprise work
- Familiarity with the latest impact measurement & management approaches
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal and written communication skills
- Business fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Excellent academic credentials from a top-tier university
What we offer
- Opportunity to play a major role in building out the Funds- and Co-investment platform of a growing impact investing organization with the aim to reach an industry-leading position
- Active involvement in strategic and operational decision making through Executive Committee, Portfolio Management Committee and Products & Markets Committee membership
- Fostering work environment with a passionate and talented international team in a fast-growing, ambitious company
- Highly professional, intellectually demanding and stimulating work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits with performance-related compensation model
- Access to Partners Group's global network, investment know-how and specialist resources
Recruitment for this role is being managed by Arkesden Partners, a private equity search firm.
If you would like to apply for this role, please ensure to submit a CV, deal sheet and a cover letter with your application via: LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2719760970/
Blue Earth Capital AG
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 900 institutional investors. We have over USD 150 billion in assets under management and more than 1,500 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership.
Blue Earth Capital AG
We are a global impact investment firm backed by Partners Group, one of the largest private markets investment managers in the world. Our mission is to harness the efficiency of private markets and entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty and address pressing social and environmental challenges.
BlueEarth follows an integrated investment strategy in order to generate both social impact and market rate financial returns. The firm invests across all sectors and geographies with a focus on housing, education, healthcare, financial services, energy access, and food and agriculture in emerging markets. The firm has executed transactions in the private debt and private equity markets as well as in funds and customized mandates.