About the Job
DBL Partners is seeking a Director of Impact responsible for helping to develop and maintain a robust set of second bottom line programs with its portfolio companies as well contribute to the overall impact practice at the firm. DBL defines Impact programs as those activities which build social, economic and environmental impact, while also driving financial success. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively with DBL colleagues and portfolio company executives to build programs, relationships, and outcomes across a wide array of goals and stakeholders, while also contributing to and building a strong metrics platform. This activity includes playing a key role in creating and writing about DBL’s second bottom line practices and programs in its annual impact report as well as thought papers and articles. This candidate will have an entrepreneurial orientation toward achieving key DBL objectives in a dynamic and complex environment. This role will report to senior partners of the firm.
- Support and drive the execution of DBL’s Impact Activities
- Develop and implement targeted strategies and programs to create second bottom line initiatives at DBL Portfolio companies.
- Build strong relationships for DBL with government leaders, advocacy organizations, foundations, universities, NGOs, think tanks, etc.
- Assist in all aspects of DBL’s internal and external impact practice, including metrics, reporting, outreach and convenings
- Work collaboratively to collect and synthesize information for, produce, and write the annual DBL Double Bottom Line report as well as thought papers and articles
- Passion to build the field of impact investing through blending of first and second bottom line strategies that create successful outcomes
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years experience building effective initiatives in the social, economic or environmental sectors and producing reports on these activities
- Strong track record of relationship building and collaboration across a diverse set of stakeholders, including entrepreneurs, government, advocacy and related sectors.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Attention to detail in all aspects of program management and relationship building
- Highly collaborative work style capable of navigating working with DBL investment professionals and portfolio company executives and willing to pitch in on projects at all levels
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial orientation with experience in fast paced, changing settings
Location in SF Bay Area.
Please send a cover letter, a resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
DBL Partners was formed with a “Double Bottom Line” investment strategy to invest in companies that can deliver top-tier venture capital returns (First Bottom Line), while working with our companies to enable social, environmental and economic improvement in the regions in which they operate (Second Bottom Line). DBL Partners accomplishes this two-fold return by adhering to a strict investment discipline honed over 80 years of collective venture capital experience while at the same time implementing a proprietary approach to leveraging public sector, university and not-for-profit resources for the benefit of the fund’s portfolio companies and regional environmental and economic development goals. DBL Partners operates out of two offices: San Francisco and Palo Alto, California.