About the Job
LOCUS provides Asset Management & Servicing to place-focused philanthropic institutions and impact investing funds in order to help them more efficiently and effectively make impact investments. These services include asset maintenance, cash management, payments and disbursements, risk monitoring, and both financial and impact reporting to clients and their funders. LOCUS currently leverages a small team using a loan servicing platform as the basis for this product offering. The platform is in in the early phases of being upgraded technologically to better meet the needs and expectations of impact investors in terms of quality, capabilities, flexibility, and price.
The Asset Servicing Analyst will be responsible for 1) supporting client relationships with the Client Relationship Lead(s) 2) delivering the highest quality of service to assigned client relationships: asset set up, transaction processing, billing activity, monitoring, and reporting 3) support migration to new technology platform 4) identify and implement process improvements 5) engage in and support business development efforts.
This is a unique opportunity to join a mission-aligned organization in the early stage of growth and contribute to the emerging field of local impact investing by place-focused institutions throughout the country.
The role requires someone with strong operational and problem-solving skills, an interest in understanding the legal documentation and operational systems associated with loan, guarantee, equity and hybrid impact investments, and the ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also be able to provide a high-level of service to internal and external customers, as well as share the commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Live and represent the values and mission of the organization – keeping diverse, equitable, and inclusive impact at the center of all execution.
- Understanding client expectations and ensuring superior client satisfaction for assigned client relationships.
- Support new business development efforts.
- Onboarding new clients and their assets into LOCUS system.
- Including understanding and abstracting complex asset documentation
- Transacting between investors/investees.
- Including billing, payments, disbursements, management fees, and portfolio reconciliations.
- Monitoring asset quality.
- Collecting and recording investee data, covenant tracking, asset risk reviews.
- Reporting financial and impact results for client, investors, investees, accountants, and other stakeholders.
- Support migration to new technology platform.
- Establish/improve system workflows for client assets, including problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Support LOCUS Asset Management SOC audit data request response.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and report design as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to identify requirements and support implementation of new asset servicing related products and systems.
- Undergraduate degree in business area (Accounting, Finance, Business Information Technology) or relevant technical experience.
- Customer relationship management experience preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience related to loan servicing, reporting and system analysis, operational analysis or accounting. Preferably in community development, banking, financial services and/or investment management fields. Strong Excel skills required. Experience in report writing (SQL based) a plus.
- Experience, knowledge of, or interest in community development financing and impact investing.
- Commitment to engaging in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, with a particular focus on achieving equitable outcomes.
- Experience, knowledge of, or interest in working with place-focused philanthropic institutions and impact investing funds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce. Knowledge of Core Loan Processing system or similar system a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT concepts and trends. Ability to quickly learn and implement new software tools as required.
- Access to high-speed internet bandwidth required and reasonable proximity to major metropolitan airport
Apply directly at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/711084
LOCUS Impact Investing
LOCUS Impact Investing is a national consultancy and advisory nonprofit firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform their local communities. LOCUS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the non-profit, Virginia Community Capital (VCC).