About the Job
If you want to make a high impact for people and the planet part of your daily work, you've come to the right place. At Trine we’re on a mission to make the world better, as fast as we can. We do that by making it easy for people to invest in innovative businesses with impact at their core. Acting with speed and flexibility we create tangible impact for people, planet and profit, every day.
Over 12 000 investors have already injected over €55 million into 31 solar energy companies worldwide. The investments have resulted in approximately 2.5 million people getting access to electricity while avoiding 450 000 tons of CO2 emissions. Investors have been repaid over €29 million to date.
About the role
We are looking for you to join the investment team at Trine. The responsibility of the team is to source commercially sound and scalable solar energy companies and support them with their financing. You will be a part of a highly motivated group of individuals working from Sweden and Kenya.You will be an instrumental part of Trine’s growth across its entire portfolio. This is an opportunity to be part of a high performing team at a pivotal time in Trine’s growth.
You will report directly to the Head of Investments
About the responsibilities
Main responsibilities are:
- Business development with the end goal of building a strong pipeline of potential investment opportunities
- Financial analysis, financial modelling, development of financing structures
- Risk identification and analysis
- Presentation of investment proposals to the IC (Investment Committee)
- Manage deal process through origination, due diligence, documentation, negotiation and closing
We also see that you will be involved in:
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, incl. interaction with investors; preparing pitch/marketing materials and presenting to clients;
- contributing to product development initiatives; researching and tracking market data and trends
We believe you have
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Corporate Finance ideally dealing with both financings and sale or acquisition transactions of energy / renewables projects acquired in a bank, an investment / private equity fund, one of the Big 4 advisory teams or in a Corporate Finance Department of renewables player.
- A strong analytical skill and abillity to model energy transactions
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
You might have
- experience with emerging markets
- experience working on transactions in the energy industry
We believe you
- are a pragmatic team player with a can-do attitude
- enjoy contributing with your experiences to help develop the company
- enjoy the fast-paced, ever-changing landscape of alternative investments in a start-up
- are a self motivated problem solver that brings solutions and ideas to the table
- are performance oriented and able to build strong, lasting client relationships
We are conducting interviews and selection on a rolling basis so don't hesitate to apply! https://careers.trine.com/jobs/1288728-renewable-energy-project-finance
Trine (trine.com) offers scalable, tailor-made finance for the off-grid solar sector. We do that by making it easy for people to invest in solar energy in growing markets. Our mission is to give people a triple return on investment - earn a profit while making a social and environmental impact. Over 10 000 investors have already injected over €30 million into 27 companies worldwide. The investments have resulted in around 2 60 000 people getting access to electricity while avoiding 600 000 tons of CO emissions. Investors have been repaid over €7 million to date.