About the Job
NPX’s vision is to transform how impact is financed by linking funding with results. We are disrupting the status quo with innovative products that incentivize impact.
NPX structures results-based financings for companies with quantifiable impact. We mobilize both donation and investment capital using our novel, proprietary financial products and donation funds.
Our north star is impact and we engage with clients who want to achieve the highest levels of impact with their resources. We work on a wide range of issues ranging from criminal justice reform to economic mobility for underserved populations to global reforestation and poverty alleviation.
To date, NPX has structured 8 results-based financings raising $11M in donations and $9M in investment capital for high-impact organizations. Almost 100 individuals and institutions have participated as donors and/or investors, including 5 Giving Pledge members.
NPX is in high-growth mode executing on a robust business development pipeline of $200M+ in results-based financing issuances and donation funds.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a start-up environment at the intersection of finance and impact.
About the Role
We are looking for a vision-aligned Analyst to provide research, operational support and analysis for due diligence and deal structuring, business development and reporting activities.
Due Diligence & Deal Structuring
- Support the review and analysis of high impact companies, for-profit and nonprofit
- Support project management of due diligence and deal structuring activities
- Develop financial models to price and structure deals
- Review legal documents
- Manage deal execution across multiple stakeholders
- Identify tools and processes that can create efficiencies in the due diligence and structuring process
- Prepare meeting materials, including background, analyses, market research and marketing materials
- Participate in business development calls with potential partners, organizations, donors and investors
- Prepare engagement proposals for prospective clients
Tracking, Monitoring, Reporting and Operations
- Support donor and investor operations, including communications, reporting and financial operations
- Develop insights from datasets, survey data and other leading information sources to continually inform portfolio organizations
- Act as an intermediary amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the NPX team to share knowledge and learnings externally
NPX offers competitive compensation, benefits and participation in the company’s stock option pool.
NPX is dedicated to building a workforce that celebrates diversity and equity. We believe that an inclusive workplace enables the creativity, innovation and varied perspectives necessary to be successful.
- At least 2 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or other financial services or a related field
- Experience with pay-for-success, results-based financing or impact investing a plus
- Diverse quantitative and qualitative analytical skill set
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong commitment to excellence and accuracy
- Excellent project management skills
- Results-oriented, self-starter, who thrives on getting things done
- Comfortable working in small teams in a start-up environment
- Demonstrates a high degree of accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of comfort with Excel or Google Sheets, PowerPoint or Google Slides and the Google Suite
- Willingness to travel (pending COVID-19)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Ethan Hallberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lindsey Crumbaugh (email@example.com). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
NPX’s vision is to transform how impact is financed by linking funding with results. NPX structures results-based financings for companies with quantifiable impact. We mobilize both donation and investment capital using our novel, proprietary financial products and donation funds. To date, NPX has structured 8 results-based financings raising $11M in donations and $9M in investment capital for high-impact organizations. Almost 100 individuals and institutions have participated as donors and/or investors, including 5 Giving Pledge members.