About the Job
Job Mission: Ensure compliance with all formal accounting and tax obligations of Alterna in Honduras and all administrative processes necessary to perform the respective control. To succeed in the role, you will:
- Generate key financial information and management reports by preparing Financial Statements with integrations, bank reconciliations and other supporting documents.
- Ensure the validity of the information by verifying that the supporting documentation of the accounting entries complies with the legal and administrative requirements of Alterna.
- Secure compliance with the organization's tax obligations by keeping the accounting books up to date, issuing and controlling receipts, completing tax return forms in due time and form, generating payment slips and other documents required by the Revenue Administration Service (SAR).
- Be responsible for the accounting records, keeping control and safeguarding the information in physical and digital form of the books and supporting documents of the operations.
- Collaborate with the external audit, implementing all accounting, administrative and tax recommendations.
- Represent Alterna in Honduras, complying with all the formal obligations involved.
- Support the Administration area in specific issues, facilitating the execution of processes.
Do you want to be part of the transformation of the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Latin America?
- You have a bachelor's degree in accounting and finance duly registered.
- You have worked at least three years as an accountant for for-profit companies and non-profit organizations; with knowledge in administrative processes.
- You are passionate about the impact entrepreneurship sector and know its dynamics.
- You are skilled in i) preparation and analysis of financial statements in accordance with current Honduran regulations ii) entry of accounting records iii) filling out forms for tax payments, and iv) advanced management of accounting systems and office packages (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- You are flexible and adaptable to change, you have a passion for learning and a high capacity for analysis and synthesis, you can handle confidential information discreetly and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You speak fluent Spanish and intermediate English.
cultivating and unleashing the full potential of impact business in Central America. We believe that positive changes can arise from any context, which is why we work with a wide range of allies and a strong and multicultural team.
Alterna is part of the Central American Impact Investment Platform (PiiC). An organization that was born as a result of the interest generated by the Latin American Impact Investment Forum for Central America and the Caribbean (FLII CA&C), an event led by Alterna; and the Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG), a movement that drives impact investing through network of organizations. PiiC is a consortium of various private, public and non-profit organizations, which,through its TechnicalSecretariat, seeks to consolidate impact investment as a dynamic and growing sector in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama.