About the Job
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Program Operations Specialist, Education for Nature.
Under the direction of the Program Administrator, supports the budgeting and financial management, outgoing agreements management, for the assigned program(s). Provides financial and administrative technical assistance to program staff and others, which may include field offices and/or grantees. Helps to ensure sound financial management and contractual compliance. Administers outgoing agreements from issuance to close-out for the Education for Nature (EFN) program. Supports program staff, program administrators and others (this could include grantees, consultants and/or WWF-US Country Offices), on the outgoing agreements management processes and system, including agreements issuance, tracking of project deliverables, processing payments and accounting entries, and closing out agreements. Works to ensure financial, contractual, and administrative information of outgoing agreements is accurate and well-organized in related operations systems, deadlines are met, and problems or inconsistencies are raised and addressed. Manages actual financial performance against budget.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of the annual operations and budgeting process for the assigned program.
- Assists in the development of project budgets.
- Ensures payments are made timely and correctly coded and entered in the system, to ensure data integrity. Manages actual financial performance against budget to ensure the expenditure stays within budget, and that end-of-year projections are accurate. Identifies problems and formulates recommendations for corrective action.
- Assists in the preparation of program financial and operational analyses as needed. Reviews financial reports and information pertaining to budgets, project expenditures, program funding requirements and plans. Assists with budget forecasting as a basis for identifying priorities and targeting funding sources. Notifies Program Officers of any problems or discrepancies;
- Manages financial record-keeping systems in compliance with WWF policy and audit standards. Helps to establish an annual work plan of critical financial and administrative reporting deadlines and other due dates.
- Administers grant and consultant agreements, including:
- Drafting agreements, ensuring that pertinent Prime Donor provisions are included. Contacting new consultants and grantees to gather required documents such as payment details and tax forms.
- Preparing paperwork and routing agreement for approval, securing signatures and distributing documents to appropriate parties.
- Processing agreement payments in a timely manner and in accordance with WWF accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitoring compliance with deliverable requirements, including following up on outstanding submissions.
- As requested, reviews, and analyzes recipients’ financial deliverables to ensure compliance by sub-recipients with WWF-US and/or Prime Donor reporting requirements. Notifies Program Officers and/or Program Administrators of any problems or discrepancies and provides technical assistance to grantees in resolving financial reporting issues
- Maintains information and files pertaining to agreements across multiple systems. Regularly monitors on-going compliance with WWF reporting requirements and individual project deadlines. Ensures all project reports are acknowledged and routed to appropriate individuals for review
- Closing out agreements following WWF policies and procedures and coordinating with Program Administrators and Program staff, accordingly.
- Provides quarterly updates on deliverables status, closeouts, etc.
- Maintains good working relationships with Education for Nature program and administrative staff to support program goals and keep abreast of program issues. Attends program team meetings and communicates with program staff on a regular basis about policy changes, financial matters, budget schedules, and other issues that need administrative action.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years relevant experience, including experience in public administration, project or financial management with multiple funders and/or stakeholders. Degree in accounting and familiarity with U.S. Government-funded projects is desirable.
- Organizational, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work under time constraints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess customer service orientation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills, work well independently and on teams with time management skills to meet imposed deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use word processing, database, and spreadsheet software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Strong Excel skills required.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22022
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
WWF Washington, DC
The world's leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF's unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.