About the Job
Conduct on-site due diligences of financial intermediaries in Sub-Saharan Africa
Write credit risk appraisals, investment advisory reports and social performance evaluations
Monitor global situation, opportunities and risks in financial markets of the above-mentioned region
Develop a pipeline of credit worthy investment targets in specific markets
Maintain and monitor a portfolio companies, including monthly financial reporting
Support the development of new business opportunities in the region
This position requires regular travel to countries within the region. We are looking for a person who is organized, mature, and able to work independently in a dynamic and challenging environment, as well as having entrepreneurial drive, attention to detail and pride in the quality of one's work, including the following qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in finance, economics or business along with strong technical skills
- Proven experience as a credit analyst or financial analyst
- Knowledge of the microfinance and banking industry and impact investment
- Dedication to social and sustainable development
- Previous experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is essential
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Fluent English and French would be a plus
- Willingness and readiness to travel (up to 30%)
- Permanent Resident status or eligibility to work in South Africa a strong preference
Please send us your resume and cover letter via our careers page: https://careers.symbioticsgroup.com/
Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing in emerging and frontier markets, offering market research, investment advisory and asset management services.
We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK.
Symbiotics currently employs 160 people and is headquartered in Geneva, with further offices in Zurich, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town. Since 2004, we have invested over USD 5bn in more than 400 microfinance institutions across around 80 emerging and frontier markets, working with more than 30 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage.
We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
What makes us different?
- A flexible work environment that supports employees in their personal projects
- A friendly and supportive team and colleagues from 38 countries
- The ability to express your ideas, share your opinion and collaborate in a dynamic environment
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes to be your best every having a positive impact on others