About the Job
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is seeking candidates interested in sustainable and impact investing, with events and marketing expertise, for the role of Events and Marketing Manager.
US SIF’s Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of all US SIF events, including our national conference. This role is also responsible for marketing events and cultivating event sponsors. Additionally, this role will also support the execution of marketing plans for major research and education initiatives of US SIF. This position reports to the Director of Policy & Programs and works closely with other members of US SIF staff and external consultants.
The Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for duties which include but are not limited to:
Planning, Execution and Marketing of US SIF’s Annual Conference:
- Develop, monitor and manage an overall timeline and project plan to ensure a successful annual conference each year.
- Develop a plan to meet registration and sponsorship revenue projections.
- Lead cultivation, with the assistance of staff and board members, of conference sponsorships, and manage all sponsor-related communications, including maintaining sponsor contact lists; identifying, marketing to and recruiting potential sponsors; coordinating the delivery of sponsor benefits and responding to inquiries.
- Develop, execute and report on multi-channel marketing strategies and plans to promote and publicize registration and increase visibility for the conference.
- Execute persuasive email marketing campaigns and monitor results.
- Manage registration tasks, including creation and management of registration platform, addressing questions from current and prospective registrants and running on-site registration.
- Work with staff and outside consultants to manage logistical details of events, including rooming lists, menus, audio-visual and IT requirements, supplies, and signage.
- Oversee creation of graphic materials, including conference signs, logos, mobile app, badges, etc.
- Work with outside consultants to finalize future event locations.
Planning, Execution and Marketing of Additional Events:
- Work with relevant staff on planning and marketing other events, including education courses, research report launch events, member receptions and other events.
- Create and distribute persuasive marketing communications for US SIF events and programs via multi-channel marketing strategies, including email and social media.
- Report on event statistics and financial results in internal discussions and for board materials.
- Contribute to updating and maintaining designated pages of the US SIF website.
- Create and update graphics consistent with US SIF brand standards to assist in the marketing of events or other programs.
Competencies and Requirements:
A competitive candidate will have the following expertise and skills:
- Understanding of and experience in the event management field – an ideal candidate will have at least five years of event experience, including at least three years of experience planning and managing conferences with 300 or more attendees from conception to completion
- Commitment to sustainability and interest or experience in the field of sustainable investing
- Experience marketing events or products via promotional emails, organic search and social media content, and paid digital advertising channels
- Experience with business development and sponsor relationship management
- Detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to organize and track multiple projects to meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time to manage in-person events
- Ability to work effectively with members and staff, including responding to member and staff needs quickly and professionally
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team – we welcome a sense of humor!
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and online meeting platforms such as Zoom required; experience with online conference and hotel registration systems (such as Passkey), CRM or AMS systems, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 holidays and 2 personal floating days
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance
- FSA and commuter benefit programs for employees
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using the subject line “Events and Marketing Manager.”
Final candidates will need to take a writing test. No phone calls, please.
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Our mission is to rapidly shift investment practices towards sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. Our vision is that environmental, social and governance impacts are meaningfully assessed in all investment decisions resulting in a more sustainable and equitable society. Among the hundreds of US SIF members are: investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing institutions, non-profit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501c3 organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF. Both organizations have staff in Washington, DC and a Board of Directors. See www.ussif.org.
US SIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.