About the Job
Overview: Global Health Investment Corporation (GHIC) is an impact investment firm that has been a pioneer in structuring, managing and investing in transformative funds to improve global health.
GHIC is hiring an Investment Associate to support its new mandate to launch a global health security investment fund, in partnership with the U.S. Government. GHIC, with financial, scientific and technical support provided by the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, will deploy capital into private companies with the potential to both generate strong financial returns and strengthen health security in the US and globally, including to respond to or prevent future pandemics. BARDA will provide GHIC with up to fifty percent of the investment fund’s capital.
The Investment Associate will work with senior members of the team to launch the global health security investment fund, including to assess new investment opportunities, establish tracking plans for portfolio companies and assist in reporting to fund stakeholders. The Associate will have broad exposure to companies and key global health organizations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Screening new investment opportunities to assess their fit with the fund’s mandate
- Analyzing the competitive landscape for potential investments
- Evaluating the data generated to date
- Assessing clinical trial plans and timelines
- Working on financial models to assess cash requirements for key milestones within potential investments and current portfolio companies
- Tracking progress of portfolio companies post investment
- Working on investment updates and valuations for quarterly and annual reports
- Coordinating due diligence processes, including discussions with key opinion leaders, and experts in clinical trials, manufacturing, reimbursement and other areas of diligence
- Supporting negotiation of terms for new investments
- Contributing to knowledge management and translation of project and programmatic data
- Tracking fund deal flow and coordinating reports and summaries for weekly team meetings
- Compiling impact data for portfolio companies
- Providing organizational support as needed
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. A medical degree or PhD is preferred but not a requirement
- 3-5 years of work experience in a position providing exposure to the investment process, preferably within the life sciences
- Experience developing financial models and conduct sensitivity analysis
- Demonstrated interest in and experience in global health and impact investing
- Highly skilled in writing investment summaries, investment memos, preparing Powerpoint presentations and related word-processing and spreadsheet skills
- Comfort working in an environment with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and organized in working independently, as well as in interacting with team members and external stakeholders (investors, companies, co-investors, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology, clinical trials, reimbursement landscape
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Email email@example.com with Subject “Associate”
Global Health Investment Corporation
GHIC is an impact investment firm that has been a pioneer in structuring, managing and investing in transformative funds to improve global health. Our namesake Global Health Investment Fund raised $108 million from leading global health stakeholders and investors, and invested in twelve companies developing products focused on global health challenges that disproportionately burden people living in low- and middle- income countries. The fund’s portfolio companies have more than a dozen registered products that have positively impacted over 100 million lives globally. GHIC, a 501c4 charitable corporation, has recently expanded its mission to also include a focus on global health security and pandemic preparedness.