About the Job
Position & Responsibilities:
This position requires a passion for impact investing and an entrepreneurial mindset. This is an opportunity to work for a high-growth organization and with individuals who seek to utilize capital markets to make the world a better place. This person will work closely with the Managing Director of Capital Partnerships. The role will require consistent flexibility, while actively collaborating with people (internally and externally, in-person and remotely). The areas of responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Marketing & Material Development Support (60%)
- Assist in creating and updating investor marketing material;
- Design strategic materials to highlight customer and geographic investment opportunities at various depths;
- Develop landscape analyses for specific thematic focus areas;
- Pull together customer and company level insights into marketing materials to highlight Elevar’s impact in our markets.
Fundraising & Investor Relations Support (40%)
- Learn the basics of investment strategies for all active product fundraises;
- Organize LP outreach schedule and sales plan;
- Provide, summarize, and report data room access;
- Support LPs in data room and with Q&A;
- Assist with pulling together quarterly reports and other standard reporting to LPs;
- Support all impact and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting queries.
Criteria for the Role: We are looking for the extraordinary: someone with a mix of talent, confidence, excellence, curiosity, empathy, maturity, authenticity and humility. If you are someone who feels a sense of urgency to drive transformational change for low-income communities and has a demonstrated track record based on the criteria below, we would love to hear from you.
- Background. Could be in marketing, banking, consulting, sales, product development, etc. Irrespective, seeking individuals who understand basic financial and investment concepts, have an undergraduate degree and 1-3 years of work experience.
- Communication The ability to clearly articulate complex investments to a wide range of audiences – both internally and externally – is a key element of this role. Strong writing and project management skills.
- Attention to detail This role involves working with critical financial data and communicating to our external stakeholders. Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount.
- Self-motivated and collaborative Able to find a needle in a haystack, a willingness to work hard/take ownership (bias for immediate action), a team player (organizational goals over individual credit) and the ability to take instant feedback (an opportunity for growth).
- Elevarian A deep desire to work at Elevar (given its unique organizational culture) and with a diverse, international and cross-continental team without being consumed by formal roles/titles or conventional career paths.
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Associate, Capital Partnerships Role”. In your cover letter, please tell us why you want to work at Elevar and why we should recruit you (share examples of things you have done, how you would approach your day to day job and the criteria that you do not meet). If we get curious about your application, you will hear from us within 10 days. Elevar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Elevar Advisors LLC
Our mission is to fuel the economic resilience and vibrancy of low income communities. By spending considerable time with our customer segment, we develop a deep understanding of their aspirations, priorities, cash flows and challenges. Combined with uncompromising analysis, we translate this into concrete investment insights that are the basis of our investing in “deep in the weeds”, solution oriented entrepreneurs. We call this human centered capital.
Elevar’s investments have democratized access to essential products and services for over 40 million households and catalyzed billions of dollars of capital in 41 companies.