About the Job
US SIF’s Membership Manager is responsible for engaging with member prospects, recruiting new members and managing the relationships with our existing members. Additionally, the Membership Manager will play a role in executing member programs and events. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will work closely with the Operations and Events Associate.
The Membership Manager is responsible for duties which include, but are not limited to:
- With the COO, define annual membership growth and retainment goals in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Manage a pipeline of potential members and create an ongoing engagement plan to inform prospective members about US SIF and recruit new members. Liaise with staff and board members who can play a role with specific recruitment targets.
- Understand the full extent of US SIF’s offerings and member benefits and be able to communicate this to potential and existing members.
- Manage relationships with existing members in order to address member needs and help drive strong retention rates. Hold annual check-ins with current members and reach out to new members within six months of joining US SIF.
- Where needed, attend events to raise the profile of US SIF and to engage with potential members.
- Play a role in executing member programs and events.
- Report on membership statistics and member feedback in internal discussions and for board materials.
- Make updates to member related webpages and recruitment materials.
- Assist in other projects as needed.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 holidays and 2 personal floating days
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance
- FSA and commuter benefit programs for employees
Salary range of $70,000 – 85,000, commensurate with experience.
Competencies and Requirements:
- Understanding of and experience in the financial services industry. Candidate must have familiarity with asset managers, asset owners and service providers including research and data institutions, advisors, and consultants.
- Commitment to sustainability and experience with the field of sustainable investing.
- Experience with relationship management and business development, including ability to present a strong case for joining US SIF to mid and senior level managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with members and staff including responding to member and staff needs quickly and professionally.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team; a sense of humor is welcomed!
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with a CRM or AMS software system preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Membership Manager.”
Final candidates will need to take a writing test. No phone calls, please.
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Our mission is to rapidly shift investment practices towards sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. Our vision is that environmental, social and governance impacts are meaningfully assessed in all investment decisions resulting in a more sustainable and equitable society. Among the hundreds of US SIF members are: investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing institutions, non-profit associations, and pension funds, foundations and other asset owners.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501c3 organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF. Both organizations have staff in Washington, DC and a Board of Directors. See www.ussif.org.
US SIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.